Please help me!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rache

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in a dilly of a pickle. My thermostat or wiring has just died in my snake enclosure and I have no idea how to fix/replace it. Is it hard to do? Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Luckily it is still warm and the temps are okay but I will need to fix this APAP. I have checked the power to make sure it is plugged in and checked that the points are ok. I have two bulbs which are both fairly new so it's unlikely that they have both blown.

Thanks a lot

Rach

Don't panic. It's summer, they won't freeze or anything. It's impossible to tell you how to fix it when no one can see what's wrong! Test your bulbs first (put them in another fitting to test). Next test the thermostat. I use ceramic bulbs, so I test my thermostats using regular light bulbs because then I can see if the thermostat is working or not. If both of those fail, call an electrician (or better, a mate who is an electrician;)).

considering it is summer your snake will most definately be able to deal with any temperature change. please dont stress out.

Check your globes. Some have a tendancy to blow very quickly. Also I heard once off a sparky to have your enclosures plugged into a seperate powerpoint and make sure that there are no other major power draining appliances plugged into the same powerpoint ie. fridge or computer, as they create a surge and blow your globes. If its your thermostat ring a sparky. Good luck. Mark.

Its bloody hot here in Melbourne as you know. The globes in my tanks are rarely coming on at the moment because the heat is more than ample.

They could go the whole summer without extra heating so dont stress.

Thanks everyone for all your sound advice, I have checked the globes and they are fine it just seems that the thermostat isn't registering temperature changes. I will be having a good look at it today.

Cheers amigos :)

Thanks Ten,

I will be very careful, I will be calling over a friend of mine who is a sparky.

there ya go if your sparky friend comes around then they will find the problem but it does sound like your thermostat has died (can happen easily)

and yes dont stress too much in melb with our temps at the moment you could easily get away with no heat till at least the end of Feb... probably not the best idea to feed during this time though, how old is the snake?? what type of snake is it?? and when was its last feed??

cheerz

I have a friend who has microclimate thermostats in both of his enclosures. Both of them apparently shat themselves. A cheap 2 dollar part from Dick Smiths easily fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back