How hot at your place??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GSXR_Boy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
How hot is it at your place??
32c in my lounge room at the moment and rising :evil:

I've got the air-con set to about 20 degrees, but this room's quite large and there's no doors I can shut to keep the cool in so it'd be a few degrees above that. It's cool enough that I'm comfortable and can enjoy my ice cream :)

Hehehehe

(sorry) lol

35C

Unfortunately, we dont have airconditioning.

It bucketed down hail about 30mins ago, was awesome. But i think the quick sun shower has made it even worse!

Is 35c too hot for my spotted? I was thinking about wetting some towels and putting in the freezer then putting around her tub... im not sure how hot is too hot?

32? we had 42 the other day lol. Its only 28 now.

35C

Unfortunately, we dont have airconditioning.

It bucketed down hail about 30mins ago, was awesome. But i think the quick sun shower has made it even worse!

Is 35c too hot for my spotted? I was thinking about wetting some towels and putting in the freezer then putting around her tub... im not sure how hot is too hot?

My herps are at about 38 at the moment, and none of them seem too worried. Just keep an eye for signs of stress.

I've got the air-con set to about 20 degrees, but this room's quite large and there's no doors I can shut to keep the cool in so it'd be a few degrees above that. It's cool enough that I'm comfortable and can enjoy my ice cream :)

Hehehehe

(sorry) lol

:evil: Damn you!!!! ;)

I have had about 10 cups of ice and have been sitting in front of the fan with a cold water spray bottle but it ain't helping :cry:

Last edited:
I have given most of my herps a little play time in the bath and they loved it! They thought they were eels lol. Doing laps underwater etc. All fun and games till one crapped in there!

Atm its around 26deg (and I'm loving it), but its expected to get to 40deg on Tues :shock: Then the heatwave begins with the next four days expected to be around 39deg. :shock: :(

I'm so glad that Snakey is in a room that has aircond but I hope there isnt a power backout like what seems to happen every Summer. :(

Thanks Abbott

I have a feeling my house is going to end up about 40 ,
we havent been home long , spent all day at the entrance pools/beach. I just cant believe how hot the wind is..id get out of the water, and be dry in minutes..then id have to jump back in again coz i was soo hot.

I have a fan in here, so if my snake gets too hot i can stick the fan near her enclosure

low 40s here - and we are on the coast! I can only imagine what its like out west...

Snakes seem to be fine though.

32ºc here but the air con is set on 24ºc the snakes don't seem to be too concerned, even the ones in the rooms that don't have air con are still sitting in their hot ends which are about 35ºc. I did put some ice cubes in their water though - in case they wanted to cool down.

Oh, this is Chris89 by the way - just on mums computer at the moment.

Hope it's coming south, it is getting to the stage where it is hard to breathe lol

I was on a bus into the city this morning to go in to uni and there was no air-con and no open windows. I thought I was going to pass out.
There's a chance of a storm later before a southerly change. I love www.bom.gov.au :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back