what's the biggest Carpet that you have seen and photographed in the WILD??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eipper

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score

Please post pics.

Removals don't count....you were called there you did not find it yourself.

Photo's would be great

Cheers,
Scott

mine is 180cm. not big but a start but i know a friend on site that found a huge one that he found. he got a pic of it.

Attachments

• DSC00716.jpg
    DSC00716.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 374
attachment.php

Bad mobile phone photo but was minimum 310cm (10'2") when measured on the side of the road. This was found about a fortnight after we went to a property to check out "12 foot" Carpet that was also 10'2"...

Attachments

• 04102008(001).jpg
    04102008(001).jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 707
Bad mobile phone photo but was minimum 310cm (10'2") when measured on the side of the road. This was found about a fortnight after we went to a property to check out "12 foot" Carpet that was also 10'2"...

That is one hell of a python! what was his temprement like?

10ft' 2inches..... aye jonno:lol:

Attachments

• Image000 (2).jpg
    Image000 (2).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 620
  • the measure!.jpg
    the measure!.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 395
Hi

Please post pics.

Removals don't count....you were called there you did not find it yourself.

Photo's would be great

Cheers,
Scott

Hi scott

This pic of a diamond was probably the biggest, snake i have seen in the wild, I have caught many other's on call outs here in port mac that have been around the same size. This pic was on the first day i moved here in November 08 lucky me. never measured it though it would be around the 3m if not more. I saw it first on the ground by the time i ran to the car and back it made its way up the tree. lucky me again. I have caught many coastals around the gold coasts on call outs but even still this was probably the biggest I've seen in the wild. and I'm sure there are plenty more if not bigger.port mac diamond python 01.jpg

daimond pic 01.jpg

cheers steve

Come on some one put one bigger then 320cm then jonno will give ya a carton.

Come on some one put one bigger then 320cm then jonno will give ya a carton.

I posted this pick once before, like i never measured this diamond in the pic but i told people that it was around the two and a half meter mark, after i posted the thread and had another look i thought jeez come to think of it its heeps bigger then two and a half like try three and a half :lol:

yeah i drink tooheys new and i like it really cold:lol:

I dont see the pic, and I think jonno may of said coastal carpet although I'm not 100percent.

Are they Coastals Johnno and ssssmithy,that Diamond defiantly looks a bigger than 2.5meters elapid,ive seen quiet a few up here,but nothing that size,usually around 6-7foot..

I found 3 wild carpets 1 F and 2 M in combat, then one male proceded to mate her. She was atleast 9-10 feet. They lived in a bat colony so that would explain their size. She had some issues with her mouth and in hindsite i should have caught her up and shipped her off to a carer.

Attachments

• Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 005.jpg
    Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 005.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 416
  • Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 012.jpg
    Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 012.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 321
  • Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 007.jpg
    Wild Carpets 1.11.2004 007.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 305
Are they Coastals Johnno and ssssmithy,that Diamond defiantly looks a bigger than 2.5meters elapid,ive seen quiet a few up here,but nothing that size,usually around 6-7foot..

definately coastals mate and both measured 10ft 2inches.:)

I found 3 wild carpets 1 F and 2 M in combat, then one male proceded to mate her. She was atleast 9-10 feet. They lived in a bat colony so that would explain their size. She had some issues with her mouth and in hindsite i should have caught her up and shipped her off to a carer.

I'm just curious , why would you catch a wild snake , to take to a carer ? .
If you went looking at a bat colony , found the snakes , LEAVE THEM ALONE ! .

read the post.............

Hey snake-boy ,
I did read the post again , thanks for wasting a bit more of my time .

I asked the question , .............What part of the question was to hard for you to sort out ?

The bit where it says " in hindsite i should have caught her up and shipped her off to a carer "

That was the point i was making ..................... let me think about it , person goes out into the bush , finds 3 snakes , works out that the 2 males are combating , the female snake has some issue's with her mouth , wnats to catch her and take her to a carer .

Maybe snake-boy , you take the time to read the post and see what you thinks wrong .

Its nice to see snakes in the wild , BUT LEAVE THEM THERE .

Cheers

rockman, I think the issue was she had some problems with her mouth which may or may not have been life threatening. In a case where the mouth problem i small and will not obstruct feeding i would suggest leaving it alone to. However if it could obstruct feeding whats wrong with taking it to a vet and carer for care? Providing its released in the same location.

rockman, I think the issue was she had some problems with her mouth which may or may not have been life threatening. In a case where the mouth problem i small and will not obstruct feeding i would suggest leaving it alone to. However if it could obstruct feeding whats wrong with taking it to a vet and carer for care? Providing its released in the same location.

So , what your saying that if you just happen to stumble across a snake that you consider unwell , you should catch it , stress it , take it to a carer to get fixed up so it can be released at a later date ?
I assume that taking a wild snake from the bush would be deemed illeagle , wouldn't it ? .

Cheers

I'm with Rockman, let the animal be, if it dies it dies at least it has a chance, if you take it out of the wild, to the species it's as good as dead anyway......

I'm not sure where I got this photo, or who the guys are in it. Apparently it's an 11ft 3inch intergrade from Kempsey

Attachments

• Giant Diamond.JPG
    Giant Diamond.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 436
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back