Grrrr Sales people

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danni

Reaction score
I kinda got sick of being disturbed (usually during dinner time) by door knockers/ sales people, soooo ... i made up sign saying "stop, no door knockers thank you" and popped it under my door bell thinking this should fix the problem.... pfftt.
two days later....
The door bell rings and through the security door i could see that it was in fact a sales person.
Over come with anger and confusion (cant he read?) i wasn't able to make out what he was selling, so i interrupted him and said There is a sign saying "please do not knock"
His response? but i didn't knock, i rang the bell.
Biting my tongue i closed the door on him.

OK i feel better now,

u no next time they do that open the door and say u no i can call my lawyer if u come to my door and they will leave straight away lol legally there not alowed to if u have one of those signs

or just get out the hose lmao thats always fun specially if there in a suit! :D

LMAO that was a pretty witty response by the salesperson. Mmm maybe update your sign?? :p

Change the sign to say 'no salespeople or door knockers' and make sure it stands out.......

what a bastard ... hes hell going to sell you stuff by saying "but i rang the doorbell" next time keep the hose handy.. they are truely annoying

We put up one up a sign years ago aswell and we've only had one or two people come, so it must have helped a bit. :D

Don't worry about a hose if you have a dog or even better a snake (preferably venomous) let it lose on them but let them get away then the word will spread amongst these losers to stay away from your house............there problem solved forever;)

when tele marketers ring just ask them to hold 4 one second .
then just put down the phone and forget it.

I have the perfect solution for unwanted visitors ..... 5 Great Danes are between my front gate and my front door.No One has ever been game enough to try their luck at worst they toot their car horn at best they leave :) perfect security system lol.

just yell out "hang on a minute ,be right there ..." and leave him/her standing there ..you go about your business inside and forget about them ...they get the hint.... and if they knock again say the same thing ...its quiet amusing to see how long they will be there ,some get the hint straight away ,but some take a while ..:)

I hate door to door salespeople. My ex had the perfect solution though. He had a dog that would let them IN, but just wouldn't let them OUT...lol He'd often come home to find people bailed up on the front steps with the dog sitting at the bottom and usually they had been there for hours. Serves them right for trying to invade people's privacy .

I know what its like to be on the other side of this thread (x sales person) its not an easy job cold calling I suppose I was business to business so its a little different, not disturbing people at home which i don't think i could bring myself to do, anyways best advise I can give is get a big dog :)

ahahaha Simple Sollution.. Open Door . Not intrested . close Door.

U win :)

LOL i do have a big dog (ridgeback cross) but she wasnt in side this time.

I do admit it was a witty response,

I shouldnt have to change the sign as anyone even with a low IQ should know "no door knockers" would mean do not disturb!! .... surely lol

We don't even answer the door if its someone we dont know! But its harder to do that when its the phone and not all numbers are displayed....agggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh damn call centres!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live at the end of a dead end street so i usualy see them woring thier way towards my place, plenty of time to get tinkerbell out (my 6ft coastal). I usually open the door to see them walking backwards thought one time the bloke (carpet cleaning salesman) kept snakes himself and was most interested :evil:. But unfortunatly for him i dont have a single piece of carpet in my home. Ah well you cant will em all

I live at the end of a dead end street so i usualy see them woring thier way towards my place, plenty of time to get tinkerbell out (my 6ft coastal). I usually open the door to see them walking backwards thought one time the bloke (carpet cleaning salesman) kept snakes himself and was most interested :evil:. But unfortunatly for him i dont have a single piece of carpet in my home. Ah well you cant will em all

LOL! :lol: The only piece of carpet you own is the slithering scaley kind...the best kind :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back