What does Australia Day mean to you?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What does Australia Day mean to you?

• Party Time

Votes: 8 9.3%
  • Family Time

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Nothing, except another beautiful day off work

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • Chance to reflect on Australias good and bad history

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Celebrate being an Aussie, as its the best country in the WORLD

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • 26th Jan 1788 should never be celebrated, as its Invasion Day

Votes: 5 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebrating being Australia, Their isn't really any other country in the world I would rather be, I dont even have any intention of travelling oversea's I would rather travel aus again.

And what, australia09, do you believe it was right for us to come and take over their lands? Torture and torment them? Kick them out of their homes and destroy their way of life? That's like the Japanese (for example) invading us now and forcing all of us to live the way they want us to. How would you like it?

Celebrating being Australia, Their isn't really any other country in the world I would rather be, I dont even have any intention of travelling oversea's I would rather travel aus again.

Me too. My family wanna visit the world but I am happy to stay home.

Notechistiger get over it :p Go back to where "they" came from if you feel guilty about being here. I certainly don't. Beautiful country, couldn't ask for anything better.

QUOTE=notechistiger;1361555]And what, australia09, do you believe it was right for us to come and take over their lands? Torture and torment them? Kick them out of their homes and destroy their way of life? That's like the Japanese (for example) invading us now and forcing all of us to live the way they want us to. How would you like it?[/QUOTE]

i do not think what has happened over the years was right, i am not responsible for what happened.
whats to say that there was not others living here before the aboriginals,maybe the aboriginal people invaded the land and forced people of their land.
just a thought.
cheers:)

And what, australia09, do you believe it was right for us to come and take over their lands? Torture and torment them? Kick them out of their homes and destroy their way of life? That's like the Japanese (for example) invading us now and forcing all of us to live the way they want us to. How would you like it?

Us? What do you mean us? I sure know i had nothing at all to do with it, so why should i feel sorry or guilty.

I can see this thread is gunna open a can of worms......or popcorn :D
I agree with notechitiger is some ways.. Yes, the British did come to this country, murder, rape and pillage the indigenous people. It was an unfortunate series of events that should'nt have occured such as all the other events in history that shouldnt have occured, but its in the past, Australia apologised, lets move on.

I already said t his in the other thread but will say it again to raise my post count (jks ppl relax). I celebrate Australia day because we live in a great country. I am free to live how I like, without prosecution, I can raise my family in peace. Plus "I love a sunburnt country"

Please remember guys, there are all nationalties on this forum. So please think about what you say as it may offend.

nothing.
now flame me if you like.
what do we really have to celebrate? we have let migrants into our country (not a bad thing) but they dont fit in with our ways so we have given into them and stop doing some of our customs, we let them do as they want so we dont offend them. then theres our own aboriganals. i think we all know enough about them.
we have nothing to celebrate, just go to work you lazy bums

nothing.
now flame me if you like.
what do we really have to celebrate? we have let migrants into our country (not a bad thing) but they dont fit in with our ways so we have given into them and stop doing some of our customs, we let them do as they want so we dont offend them. then theres our own aboriganals. i think we all know enough about them.
we have nothing to celebrate, just go to work you lazy bums

OK Mr Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back