Heat death in Vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jungletrans

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Woke to find almost all my rats dead this morning [ 27 ] A few weiners survived and are now in the lounge room near the air con . l guess we start again . They were in the garage with both front and side doors open and had lots of water . Even hotter today - 43 lucky all my reptiles are inside with their heaters off .:(

I rushed home at lunch time just in time to give them some frozen water bottles. Needed another bottle last night. Save your water bottles people!

I am on the mid nth coast of nsw & we have had a few hot days . I keep a good supply of frozen water bottles & use them for my mice that I breed on the real hot days we have ........they cool their little enclosures nicely .
If it's extremely hot , change over frozen bottles regulary throughout the day.

We all have to remember to take care of our rodents in this heat as well !

Air movement with a $20 fan seems to make a terrific difference.

I've had the same problems on the central coast, nsw. The rats that were outside in the shade survived, but the weeners in the laundry all died while i was away for the day... : (

Lost 20 mice 20 pinkies and 4 rats today, left ice bottles in cages but couldnt get home for the midday change over, like a few others time to start again.

I lost about a few to.The dark eyed hooded ones seem to be the toughest as far as the heat goes.
Mine are all in the house today and tomorrow probably..peeew
Frozen and fresh cold vegis are great for the recovery process of the poor survivors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back