Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptile-man4life

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey,

i currently have a eastern bearded dragon and he is sooooo cute and funny. he loves to come onto my choulder and always stay there. he has never bitten in his entire life and have had him for more than a year since he was 6 weeks old. he is very big though which i like.

so i want to get my next herp. so please tell me which herp to get out of turtles, dragons, monitors, skinks, legless lizards, geckos, pythons, colubrid snakes, elapid snakes.

do you guy thinks monitors are good herps.

please give a detailed answer with support

Haha Dan you stole what I was going to say, But yes if you are as good as you claim to be, you must have a few very lines rare lines your working on so maybe you should get something nice to add to your collection.

Defiantly get an elapid, I think I seen an adult coastal taipan for sale on RDU defiantly buy that.

your the expert

these expert comments still make me laugh lol
get whatever you like the look of most, but I do remember you saying the other day that you really like Antaresia so I think you should get a little spotted or stimmi :D

It's good to see you have narrowed your choices down to every reptile group in Aus.:lol:... But you forgot crocodiles, they seem the logical next step after beardies..;)..
I think you should look at the smaller python species for a new herp, Antaresia or the smaller morelia (cheynei, MD's)

Go a python - something different (no legs! :p) and very easy and a joy to care for.

i only had the children's python for like a month coz it was only like a "demo".

im getting a second reptile but i dont know what to get.

are geckoes fun or anything. do they run away when you handle them. how big do they grow.

also are monitors good reptiles or are they the same as bearded dragons

If you want a reptile to handle, then monitors aren't really for you. Stick with dragons and skinks, such as a blue tongue. Or get a python. Geckos aren't good for handling either. I think you'll find that most reptiles aren't good for handling.

Reptile man, in another thread you claimed to be such an expert then you come back making what is it 2 or 3 new threads about stuff you don't know? Abit of a contradiction in my opinion. First of all, you know bollocks about reptiles so cut off elapids, colubrids, legless lizards, most geckos, most dragons and varanids and look at the simple options.

Bearded Dragon, Bluetongues, Childrens pythons etc, Barking Geckos and maybe a longnecked turtle or something. Research them before coming back and saying your an expert on them, OK?

thanks a lot notechistiger. i really made a mistake about you and you really do give good advice.

so are monitors bad handlers. if i had got a sand monitor or something, do they bite or do they not like to be handled. are they fast??????

when they bite, how much does it hurt.

also with geckoes, do they bite????and how much does it hurt. if i got a geckoe, if i tried to pick it up, would it run away becuase they are ALL extremely small geckoes and it looks like they are very quick.

do they not like being handled???

please answer because i really want to get my second reptile. i love my beardie and his name is mo-jo. he is very cute and loves being handled. he has never bitten aswell. he is not quick aswell. please tell me what reptiles are the same *** my beardie (eg. geckoe)

are turtles really bad reptiles because it seems that no one likes them.

when i get my reptile, i will show you all and i will shut up coz i know that i am being annoying.

so please answer all of these questions. especially notechistiger coz your really good at answering

thanks alot

Moniters are very bad for someone that doesn't know how to look after them. Most of them are quite capable of taking your fingers off!

As I said, dragons, skinks or pythons are your best bet. Get a blue tongue, or go with a python if you want something different.

Get yourself an eastern blue tounge they are a prety
forgiving reptile as far as husbandry is concerned

I'd scrap reptiles and get yourself a nice solid brown stick.

They dont eat, poop or need water, and they wont run away.

i only had the children's python for like a month coz it was only like a "demo".

Sig worthy.

What state do you live in? I thought you had to wait 6 months before you sell a freshly purchased reptile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back