Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fatfrog

Reaction score
Hi i just wanted to know what reptiles can be cept in an outdoor aviary i'v seen water dragons in some but thats all and if i keep a water dragon in it what do i need to do?:)

here's a couple of photos, but the species would depend on your environment you live in..not all animals can be kept outdoors.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture016.jpg

reptiles004.jpg

118.jpg

i've got eastern blueys, water dragons , eastern snake neck turtles had a eastern beardie in that will be going back in. and hoping to have diamonds outdoors in a few yrs.

have also seen landmullets,alpine blotched blueys,cunningham skinks , coastals and lacies outdoors

Ok thanks to everyone i think i'll keep a coastal but i need to know what i need what do i put on the floor and how to set it up thanks i'll probably be geting my first snake at the castle hill show so i'v got some time to set up the cage:D

u wont b able to put the snake outside until it is almost adult size.

i sure wouldnt be putting a hatchy in a outside aviary. but hey thats just my opnion.

The holes in the cage are huge so i'll probably be getting an adult is that ok or shuld i just get a baby and put it in a smaller birg cage

be careful using small avairys,just like housing reptiles indoors u need to create a temp gradient,in cold weather they need insulated shelter,and in hot weather u need to provide areas to escape the heat,i wouldnt recomend hatchy pythons outdoors,easier to keep track of them indoors

i would suggest getting a smaller python, then u can watch it grow. keep it inside till its a bit bigger then put it outside.

p.s ecosnake. ur enclosures are great ;-)

when i get my lacie im gonna have him out doors in summer and spring then indoors autumn and winter. SA weather is so tempramental and when it rains it rains alot in winter and it gets really cold but our summers can get to 47 out of the shade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back