Bad end to a good weekend!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Snowman

Hope everyone had a great weekend :)
Mine was awesome... The usual anticts on the water (getting facebook pictures jumping around on the wakeboard etc)...
Then going home I forgot to lock off the winch on my brothers boat :oops:... I call him up and say "Umm I've put your boat on the the road". I waited for the barage of abuse but all I got was.. Crap! are you okay? What a top bloke... :) anyways, 3 hours later a crane came and put the 2+ tonne boat back on the trailer... No real damage either....Here's some pics.. makes me cringe to see the boat outta water like this!

lol......Opps....you'll be making sure youve locked it next time then !!!

How much did it cost for the crane to come out ??:shock:

What did the crane set you back?
Man you where lucky not to damage the boat - nice boat too.

Ummm.... No comment....Am sure you know the Obvious....

Glad there wasnt to much harm done though .... :)

It is so easy to forget something when the list of "to do's" is so long when launching/retrieving a boat.
Tie this, undo that, plug in this, fix that, etc. So many little things on the roster.

Luckily for me the worst so far has just been forgetting to fit the bungs. And even luckier was I realized while the boat was still on the trailer in the water (noticed the hull filling up with water lol) so all I had to do was drive forward and let the water pour out.

haha, your bro sounds like a champ, that boat on the road pic definately has to go on facebook lol

The mobile crane cost me $2300 for 10 minutes work! lol
I'm just glad the boat was okay, I'm not 100% but I think the boat was around 100k
Might be able to claim some of the crane on insurance.. Have to talk to my lil bro about it.

Bummer.Might want to think about buying some tie downs as well

awwwwww snowball ...for what the crane cost you ,you couldve gone on a little sea cruise:)

that's why most boats have safety chains as well as the winch.
Worst i've done is forget to open the fuel tank breather while tuning a tri carbie setup.
Wondering why it kept stalking the motors every 2 mins.

yeah.. the saftey chain had a carribena on it that just streached out straight.... He was told it wouldn't hold, but I think he thought it would be okay.... It's got a d shackle on it now :) and I think some straps for the back... Not that I'll ever make that mistake again!!!!!!!

Pitty about that, but at least your brother was good about it! Glad noone got hurt at least, and no damage to the boat?

Dude that would suck,Ive seen that so many times at the boat ramps after bringing my boat in,Im always triple check its on the trailer straight and locked on,Good about your bro though,haha.I dont think my Dad would be impressed if i forgot it with his boat....thats why I have my own boat,not to ruin his haha.Nice pics :D

If I was your bro, I also would have asked if you were ok,
If you said YES.
I would have said great, now I can hurt you myself ;)

LMAO, Spiderman or not, I would have killed you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back