Darwin and Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote: Shes nice Allie, Im no diamond expert but.
What makes a good diamond?

Depending on what you are looking for, for breeding, I guess people look for the rosettes to be well formed, but im no expert on breeding them. I just have my girl, no others, I didnt even mean to buy her at the time, I was buying a BHP at the time and the people who bred her (in cairns) offered her to me for $250, as they were selling all of their snakes, so I said ok, she never coped in the heat up there (even tho she was bred and born there). She loved the move to Brissy and is doing really well. She got badly burnt a couple of years ago by a dodgy heat mat, (my fault, lack of knowledge at the time)..that was really awful for her and I, but she has recovered well, she lost 3 inches of her tail and badly scarred her belly, but it all looks great now.. I would like to breed her one day. Have you bred or going to breed yours?

Oh, ok. Do you think you will keep them? How did you come about getting them? Have they got quiet natures?

You've got some superb animals there Bazz!! (don't get me started on the darwin you have!! Gorgeous!!), and those diamonds are to die for!!!

I snapped this pic of a very young darwin last night which was hiding in a globe box...very cute! :D

moosenoose-albums-my-photos-picture9614-how-cool-is-this-hatchy-darwin-pic-lol.jpg

Oh, ok. Do you think you will keep them? How did you come about getting them? Have they got quiet natures?
They both have great natures but if I dont want to get bitten
i use a hook to get them out of their enclosure.
I am keeping them, I promised the lady i got them off that id give them a good home.
She couldnt keep them any longer due to unforseen circumstances and signed them over to me.

my bigger girl is well on her way to getting that big.
She's about 1.7m and 1.7kg.
Just over 2 years old.

Thats great, they are a lovely snake to keep. Im thinking of getting a carpet again. I had a Proserpine when I lived in Darwin, but the girl I left him with to go overseas had that opmv go thru her snakes and a few died, including my Cuddles. Has taken me ages to get over losing him. Good luck with your diamonds, they are obviously with you for good reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back