RE: Theres a problem.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
nup, seems fine, looks and smells the same as always, and my others. not runny, i try and feed hime in the morning, and when i get back from scholl 3:30pm. and he eats one or two. thats all. no i dont use night heating, as its fairly warm here. basking spotin the day is 39 degrees, and 26.5 in the cool end.

try and keep the cool end below 25c.. up basking spot a few degrees. How are you feeding him? tried some crickets? He could be stressed too if your holding him a fair bit or in high traffic area.

nup, seems fine, looks and smells the same as always, and my others. not runny, i try and feed hime in the morning, and when i get back from scholl 3:30pm. and he eats one or two. thats all. no i dont use night heating, as its fairly warm here. basking spotin the day is 39 degrees, and 26.5 in the cool end.

Ahaha funny, NOT. :rolleyes: We may not be perfect but I for one make sure my animals welfare is above all else.

Anyway, a vet trip isnt usually $60, more like $20-30. Well it is here anyway, I even bought my snake in a few days ago to get checked out and he didnt even charge me anything.

thats great, you must have a good vet.
cheers:)

i had a baby beardie which wouldnt eat. I used to syringe baby food (pureed vegies from the supermarket) with supplements mixed in... just dropper it on his mouth and he should lap. it was enough to keep him going until he started eating for himself properly. I would take him to the vet if I was u! 16g is very small for a beardie which should be adult size at 3.5 years

nup, no traffic. he cant see out of his enclosure, and i have tired crickets, never touched them only eats woodies and silkworms, but i got no more silkworms.

you do realise that caring for them doesn't just intail feeding them right! infact caring covers feeding, cleaning, heating and vet care when they need it. we all have monie issues but we always find someway to making sure that all our animals are cared for in every aspect.

so you can now see our confussion on my taking it to the vet is such an issue. and why you have any if you think caring is only feeding. Thats IMO anyways.

A 16gram beardie would be dead at 3.5years old...I would class a underweight adult at anything under 100-150grams..

ok thanx for clearing the age/weight up. still small for the age, but not as small as it 1st sounded. are you keeping it on sand?

no, its not that. for those of you that dont know, i am 15 and i dont live with my parents. i work at mcdonalds, and have to pay board for where i live. beardies are the one thing that kepp me happy, and to loose them would be like a person dieing.

lemonz, where in the blue mts are you, vet robert johnson at south penrith is a very good reptile vet, ring him and talk to him and explain your situation.
cheers:)

get a needless syringe, get a small jar of chicken baby food, mix in some multivit and cal, hold down his lip and squirt a little in. let im lick it up if he will.

get his basking spot warm 40C test it with a digital thermometer. get him out in natural sun as much as possible.

Hi Lemonz,
Correct me if Im wrong here ok. You originally had three beardies in one cage (assuming since hatchies or close enough), after 3.5 months as the other two grew like weeds, this little one was being dominated so it feed less. Apon realising this you moved the little one to another cage. Once in the new cage the little one stopped eating altogether. Is this correct?

If so this is what I think is happening, Moving the litte one is stressed from been dominated and still adjusting to been put into a new cage.

If correct so far, here is what I would do if I were you. Up the temp of the cool end like someone suggested to 25oC, if you already have a hot basking temp and not getting this at the cool end, block some vents. Also put a cover over the cage so it cant see out. If you dont already have one, put a hide up the warm end.

Remeber its gotta settle into its new cage. If its tail is circular, leave it for a few days and then try to feed it. If the tail is a T shape, it may already be to late but try the baby food suggestion someone else mentioned, but dont be too pushy you will only stress it more. If you go to a vet all they would suggest or prescribe will be something different from the baby food. You must do the above whether the go to a vet or not. In this care I personally wouldnt go to one.

at 2 months i realsied, he wasnt as big as the others, i put him in his new clickclack a month ago now, hes used to it im sure, but thanks kriby, illl try the needless suringe, and sum chicken baby food. someone else said it aswell befoer you, thanks agina guys. ill keep you posted. it great to have you guys to turn to when struggling and in doubt
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back