Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
here is one I found many years ago...it was gravid at the time. sorry dont have larger photo

Attachments

• WCS001.jpg
    WCS001.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 248
As the story goes with the tiger in Mirtchisin's book is , a bloke who had a fondness for snakes but not a keeper was riding his motorbike in ........, Victoria and seen a squished snake on the side of the road, he pulled over and noticed that there were live babies wriggling around in and besides the mother, I few of these babies were white so were picked and placed inside the mans jacket pocket and taken to a small reptile park in Vic, the photo taken of the adult was many years ago and the tiger has since passed.

If that tiger is a live is it actually an albino?
The rbb was caught by a member of Hawkesbury Herps several years ago in a school up that way.

I was under the impression they were not permitting the rbbs to breed is this true?

I was lucky enough to see an albino RBBS in the flesh.

It was at the wildlife refuge inside John Maroney Correctional Facility near Richmond, NSW.

We went their for TAFE and they were minding it for the owner while he was
on holidays. It is an amazing looking animal and very placid.

Dean

Reptiles Australia Vol 3 Issue 4 has photographs and a small spiel attached to the following elapids;

Common Death Adder Acanthophis antarcticus
Desert Death Adder Acanthophis pyrrhus
Lowland Copperhead Austrelaps superbus
Yellow-faced Whip Snake Demansia psammophis
Eastern Brown Snake Pseudonaja textilis
Easter Tiger Snake Notechis scutatus
White-crowned Snake Cacophis harriettae
Red-bellied Black Snake Pseudechis porphriacus

In relation to the Tiger Snake photographed in the magazine it states that the animal is four years old, indicating that it is definately in a collection, and likely a private one as an animal of this nature held in a zoo collection (or similar) would likely be known within the hobby.

I was under the impression they were not permitting the rbbs to breed is this true?

My understanding is that the RBBs is in 'permanent care' after it was captured after a bite incident...

I suppose it is really matter of who the 'carer' is - if it was handed in to the local Herp Club and handed out to a member is there any way to prevent that person from then attempting to breed the animal...?

There is more than one albino Tiger around. Unfortunately they all seem to be boys, and one of the ones out there is apparently an inconsistent feeder. They are one of the few albino snakes that interest me and I would love to get some in the future.

I know who owns the RBBS, last time I spoke with the owner there were no plans on breeding it unfortunately

snakehunter
Do you know why there are no plans to breed this amazing specimen ? That would be a tradgedy for the elapid hobbists.
Please tell him I will pay top dollars for something as special as this animal and will attempt to breed it for everyone to enjoy in the future.

Regards Dave

snakehunter
Do you know why there are no plans to breed this amazing specimen ? That would be a tradgedy for the elapid hobbists.
Please tell him I will pay top dollars for something as special as this animal and will attempt to breed it for everyone to enjoy in the future.

Regards Dave

The guy that owns it is a real old timer and he is a long term member of Wires. He has no interest in the hobby market/buying/selling or even breeding, and won't let the snake go for any amount of money.

I suppose It is a shame for the real elapid fans out there.

Neil

The guy that owns it is a real old timer and he is a long term member of Wires. He has no interest in the hobby market/buying/selling or even breeding, and won't let the snake go for any amount of money.

I suppose It is a shame for the real elapid fans out there.

Neil
Thats always seems to be the way the albino elapids seem to end up in the hands of people who either can't breed them or have no interest in breeding them .

What would be the price of something that rare,please dont say,whatever your willing to pay for it.I dont want a exact figure,just somewhere around the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back