160kg woman has to buy two seats on Jetstar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sad, but we seem to be becoming a more litigious society (just like the A word). What stirkes me as ridiculous about this story is that she was perfectly okay with paying the extra fare initially and in fact she was the one to raise the possibility. Her problem with the situation didn't start until the airline changed their minds at the last moment. I don't see how some paper pusher stuffing up their job equates to a discrimination law suit.

Well over half of Australia is overweight.

I will say again if trains, taxis, and bus are all putting in larger seats for overweight people then why should planes be exempt?

Clearly descrimination.

With half of Australia overweight i suggest all you overweight haters and descriminators take note.

Anyway lets wait and see how she goes with her court case i am confident she will win.

I will say again if trains, taxis, and bus are all putting in larger seats for overweight people then why should planes be exempt?

Clearly descrimination.

With half of Australia overweight i suggest all you overweight haters and descriminators take note.

Anyway lets wait and see how she goes with her court case i am confident she will win.

If they do it to themselves they get what is coming to them.
Edit: I don't think anyone hates them. Just don't think they should be treated special.

i have a mate who is 6'5, and would weigh in at bout 130kg easily...

he is a professional body builder... stuffed if im gonna tell him he pays more for his economy class tickets!! he suffers enough just trying to fit into the damn seats!! haha.. even he has admitted that he feels sorry for the people that have to sit next to him... (and reckons peoples faces are priceless when they realise they are sitting next to him!!) lol

and i can just imagine the new 'fat rule' where everyone has to get their BMI measured when you check in...

'ahem, sorry sir/madam.. you are too fat... please pay the extra 8 dollars per kilo, or leave'.. 'thankyou for flying jetstar'.... LMAO!!!

it would make the lineup wait a little more interesting!!!

i have a mate who is 6'5, and would weigh in at bout 130kg easily...

he is a professional body builder... stuffed if im gonna tell him he pays more for his economy class tickets!! he suffers enough just trying to fit into the damn seats!! haha.. even he has admitted that he feels sorry for the people that have to sit next to him... (and reckons peoples faces are priceless when they realise they are sitting next to him!!) lol

and i can just imagine the new 'fat rule' where everyone has to get their BMI measured when you check in...

'ahem, sorry sir/madam.. you are too fat... please pay the extra 8 dollars per kilo, or leave'.. 'thankyou for flying jetstar'.... LMAO!!!

it would make the lineup wait a little more interesting!!!

While I won't say this to his face, and I'm sure you can tell that I'm not typing this - I think if someone wants to body build that's their choice... why should I have to pay for the extra fuel for their choices - gee, it's all about me me me here (hehe).

Honestly, it's their choice to do it, so they should, if they do so wish to fly and the rule is pay by weight, then they should pay....

But I'd probably not tell him that hehe!

maybe airlines should take some measurements... at the check in counter you can have a " if you aren't taller than my arm, you are too smalll to ride" man. But instead a " if you can't fit between my arms you need two chairs to ride" man! lol.

maybe airlines should take some measurements... at the check in counter you can have a " if you aren't taller than my arm, you are too smalll to ride" man. But instead a " if you can't fit between my arms you need two chairs to ride" man! lol.

LOL people will start pre-flight purging, kinda like jockeys do before a race - fasting and taking diuretics in the lead-up to the big flight!

Clearly descrimination.

well maybe they should start losing some weight then.
everyone that is overweight or obese shouldnt complain unless its because of a medical condition. Why should jetstar and other companys spend lots of money on seats that are for people who plainly can't look after themselves, why should they get special treatment if they did this to themselves in the first place.

The only thing she should be angry about is that they didn't put the seats next to each other.

well maybe they should start losing some weight then.
everyone that is overweight or obese shouldnt complain unless its because of a medical condition. Why should jetstar and other companys spend lots of money on seats that are for people who plainly can't look after themselves, why should they get special treatment if they did this to themselves in the first place.

The only thing she should be angry about is that they didn't put the seats next to each other.

Exactly. If it isnt a medical condition (which i personally think is getting way overused now), it is her fault she doesnt get off her fat behind and go do exercise. It may seem harsh but if people think that this is discriminating then they are most likely overweight themselves and they should go do exercise aswell.

Clearly descrimination.

And why should they put larger seats in? IMO people should lose weight if they dont fit in the seat or stand up or walk. You are going way over the top by calling people overweight haters and discriminaters.

And why should they put larger seats in? IMO people should lose weight if they dont fit in the seat or stand up or walk. You are going way over the top by calling people overweight haters and discriminaters.

Well i'll say it loud and say it proud...I AM AN OVERWEIGHT HATER AND DISCRIMINATOR:D:D (unless it's due to a medical condition:lol:)

I mean, really just lose the weight if you dont fit in the seat or pay for 2, end of story......

Dan19 said:
You are going way over the top

Isn't that what horsesrule does best? That, and being ridiculously old fashioned :lol:

Maybe she should walk to where she wants to go. That might help her a little :D

Maybe the Airline could help by twinning an obese person up with an anorexic next to them.:shock:

Maybe the Airline could help by twinning an obese person up with an anorexic next to them.:shock:

Lol, only problem is there are thousand times more overweight people. On the plus side the anorexic person might not finish all their meal. Everyone would be happy ;)

(Although I guess Jetstar doesn't usually have meals so their goes that idea :()

Maybe the overweight people could be made to sit next my 3 year old (who weighs 17 kg and has to pay full fare).

I'm 110kg's. I'm not a lot bigger in size than most people (truckie who does manual handling of heavy stuff, decent amount of muscle with a small truckie gut :lol:), and my family's got a lot of larger people. I gotta laugh at heaps of the comments made. If someone's 160kg's that legitimaty takes up 2 seats, then they should pay 2 seats.

Brilliant!

If you're "fat", you need to exercise. We are a nation of "acceptance" of everyone. Murderers get 10yrs, then parole, we welcome them back into society. I don't agree with racism (the hatred), I don't agree with hatred of anything, but we do need to have the balls to say "you stuffed up, pay the price (murder, assult, etc)" and "you are too large for one seat, please, if you wish to use the business we provide, pay accordingly".

There's no need to be nasty to them, but there's no need for fat/large people to call discrimination, when someone else is made to suffer next to them. I hate sitting next to other people at the cinema cause my shoulders are too wide and seats too small. I'm uncomfortable, and i'd say so are they. I try to sit in an area convienient for them and me to limit amount of discomfort

There needs to be a limit of profit farming by comanies with them having tiny seats, but a reasonable size seat and room. If you're too big, pay for the extra room.

no offence to overweight peeps out there, but this is what happened

after work i catch the train home, and on a stinking hot day similar to today, i chose to sit on a 3 seater, but had 2 occupants on it already.
2 ladies were already seated, and each of them were the same size. their size was nearly twice as wide as i was. So i took the seat and made a big mistake. My spine was bent almost like an S shape for about 4 stops. After that i was aching, my thighs was smacked on one of the lady to me left. i couldnt move... her shoulders nudged me shoulders to the right of the seat, causing the S effect. After 4 stops i found a vacant seat and quickly jumped on it.... my back was sore.

Now when there are no seats and if there is one left with large person, im happy to stand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back