Breeding Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_beardie

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I was thinking of breeding bearded dragons nxt breeding season
and i was wondering- how many eggs would an average female
lay per season?
Thanks

64.2, i say .2 becaus on average you get about 6 slugs per season and i wouldnt give them a full 1.0 status i assign them 0.2. I know some people give them a 0.5 status however which would lift the number up to 66. I guess it all depends who you ask and what sort of assumptions they are making.

well my female of average size laid 3 clutches in her first season... i think 26 (no slugs), 16 (4 slugs) and then 6 (4 slugs)... she laid them about 5 -6 weeks apart... it varies.

wow thanks thats heaps of eggs lol
and is there any advise you would give a newbie?

Make sure there full length 40-50cm make sure they aren't too skinny, and make sure you have enough live food and tubs/tanks uvb etc :)

alrghtie will do :) thanks for the helpp!

u can get a fair few clutches, an average 20 eggs? also depends on the maturity of the male, how fertile and sugs etc, but expect a few..lol:)

ok and is it difficult the first time around?

I wouldn't call it difficult, just a bit time and money consuming. Make sure you read up well before you get the eggs.

hey im planning on breeding them to so if u find a good site can u give me the link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back