Thanks to the Fire Fighters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andyscott

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Yesterday the 7/02/09 was the hottest day ever recorded in Victoria.
On top of that, Vic, NSW and SA is in the grip of one hell of a fire season.

As you read this, there is are a bunch of people out there,
in the toughest and most extreme conditions fighting the fires all over the country.
Exttraordinary people putting themselves at risk, trying to save peoples lives and property.

To all the Fire Fighters, CFA Volunteers, SES and Emergency Services.

THANK YOU.

They are true Aussie heros.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting that up Andy .So kind of you : ) I couldn't get to sleep because i still hadn't absorbed or got into my head that today is going to be 47 degrees, thats like almost 50 degrees.

About 2 minute walk away from me we have lane cove national park.Packed with spectacular wildlife , and so many reptiles.

I was in the shower and when i got out the smell of smoke was a dramatic shock to the system. Literaly i found it hard to breathe and i thought the house was on fire and i could hear the fire bregade bolting around .

I love how you guys give out tips to the different states, and how you are thankful and care about what is happening in australia, and that you really do care that there are people just like us - humans ,doing the extreme and saving your peice of australia , your friends property or your favourite native animals and their homes.

Thank you so much! I hope everyone, their familes and their animals are safe.

Nikki

Up here in Brisbane we seem to have avoided all the dramas, but I really feel for anyone going through tough times with the fires, extreme temps and floods. I was in the SES a few years back so I know what they're going through right now, as well as all the fire fighters, police, paramedics, etc.

Let's hope there's an end to it all soon and life can get back to some type of normality.

watching the news this morning those fire fighters are at it now. Truely brave and yes they are "true aussie heroes"

yer they need a clap ha um its no good this heat lots of people are lossing mice
to feed there reptiles im trying to keep mine cool

Well said mate.

There's also a whole bunch of people who will be out there after the fires are gone helping the people and the animals.

MY HAT GOES OFF TO THEM ALL.

Per

I just saw the news OMG its so bad....my heart goes out to all that have lost their homes ,their lives their whole existance....I realise FNQ is going through flooding and in no way is that a lighter sentence then the southerners with fire ,but in my personal opinion FIRE scares me more then flooding ...:( hope no-one on APS has had their livelyhood taken away or worse members of the family or themselves taken in the fire..

What a country, soaked to the bone up here and tinder down south..... Hats off to the firefighters, a difficult job at the best of times it doesn't get any easier when you have the extreme dry heat. Good luck to all in the affected areas.....

I agree the fire fighters are doing a great job.

I feel for all the native wildlife that will be killed or injured or orphaned from these fires.

Anyone who thinks global warming is not real has had a reality check!

ITS REAL ITS HERE ITS AFFECTING US

The firs have cut Victoria's main highway in at least two places i know of. My grandpa is in a terrible state in Melbournes hospital and I was going to visit him today but since the highway was cut last night (not sure if it still is but I don't want go only to get stuck later) and the two other ways I know how to get into melbourne seem to be inferno's I can't go and will have to wait 'til next weekend. My GF is a volunteer and she is off with a strike team this arvo to fight the marysvile fire. The smoke is pretty bad out here and at night if you get on the roof you can see the red from the fires blazes off in the distance, i think the fires we were seeing were the marysvile fires which are a good four hours drive away and still we can see the red haze.

Good luck to everyone, stay safe and I hope these fires are beat soon. To all those deadbeats who deliberately lit fires to see how big they can get, may you die a horrible death and suffer all your life. Hats off to all the fire fighters and emergency crews out there in the fires. Also to those who are donating to help the fire fighters.

Cheers

Mark

Global Warming hits home!

Yeah that's it isn't it? :rolleyes: More like those bloody greenies preventing back-burning!! I see London has had a record snowfall...how odd - you better tell them about global warming, I'm sure they'll take you seriously. ;)

And yes, the emergency workers are absolutely amazing! I hope they all get back to their homes safely.

More like those bloody greenies preventing back-burning!!

why backburn when you can let nature do the job. Dont interfere!

Those extreme greenies are just as bad as terrorists sometimes.

Absolute tragedy, 26 dead so far in Victoria.

Nikki, I must say for your young years you sure are very mature in your outlook.

why backburn when you can let nature do the job. Dont interfere!
That might seem to be true to some degree, but the idea of a controlled backburn is exactly that, it is controlled. You only need to talk to the CFA guys about it. Personally I'd like to see some of those greenies out there sorting it out since their the ones song and dancing about preventing backburning.

Allowing fuel build-up like we have been creates an unbelievably intense flame that kills trees and shrubs, it doesn't whisk through at a lower level heat but an intense furnace. Some animals can retreat underground and survive during a moderate bushfire, but when you get some of the ones we saw yesterday, nothing gets out!

predicted another 25 ontop of that fester, a whole melbourne suburb has been burnt to the ground. I've just decided that I'm going to become a volunteer to prepare for next season because I predict it's going to be even worse again and the CFA is litterally going to need every able bodied person they can get. I'll also tub all my reptiles over the fire risk period next season so anyone can go save my animals for me without risk.

Thanks to all that have shown support to these incredible poeple.
The last report I got is that 14 people have lost their live in the fires so far.
Sadly Im sure that will increase.

punja; I hope your Grandpa is ok and your G/F returns safely.

That might seem to be true to some degree, but the idea of a controlled backburn is exactly that, it is controlled. You only need to talk to the CFA guys about it. Personally I'd like to see some of those greenies out there sorting it out since their the ones song and dancing about preventing backburning.

Allowing fuel build-up like we have been creates an unbelievably intense flame that kills trees and shrubs, it doesn't whisk through at a lower level heat but an intense furnace. Some animals can retreat underground and survive during a moderate bushfire, but when you get some of the ones we saw yesterday, nothing gets out!

You take me too seriously moosey, I thought you knew me better then that. ;) Stick the greenies smack bang in the middle mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back