Thanks to the Fire Fighters

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard an update... 640 houses are destroyed, and 49 people have passed away due to the fires... And yet there are people out there disobeying the total fireban rules, by mowing their lawns etc!! What will it take to get through to these people.

Hats off to all those involved in these recent efforts in the CFA, SES, local hospitals, paramedics, etc!!

To all those that are responsible for the deliberate lighting of fires, take note of what has happened, and I hope the lives of the people that have passed away, the properties you are responsible for destroying and the many animals, habitats etc that you have destroyed haunt your every day!!!

Update:

50 people confirmed Dead surpassing the death toll of Ash Wednesday

8 people in critical condition with many more being treated for burns

640 Homes lost ( this is a minimum number), 550 of these are from the King Lake area

The town of Marysville in the Yarra Valley is gone.

220 000 hectares have been lost to the Fires wrath thus far.

26 Fires burning, 12 of which are not contained

The Defense force is now involved helping to battle the fires

South Australia has sent personnel and Equipment

$10 million dollars has been allocated by the government

If you are needing help or require information as to loved ones
please call 1800 240 667

Further information is available on ABC radio

Donations are being accepted by the Bendigo Bank and National Australia Bank - see their websites for further details

To aid further you can contact the Red Cross 1800 811 770

Blood donations also would be appreciated at this time to aid those injured by these fires.

Is anyone affected or having to be evacuated who are requiring assistance with their reptiles ?

i heard the people of kilmore have missed their chance to evacuate

i heard the people of kilmore have missed their chance to evacuate
Ditto with Dederang here. I'm watching the front marching up the back of Mount Stanley. From here it looks like the Beechworth fire has kind of split into a number of fronts as it races up opposite sides of the valleys.

We're set and ready to go if we have to, thanks muchly to those who PM'd offers of help.

Jesus, this is horrible. My thoughts go out to anyone in the line of the fire, and the firefighters who are doing an incredible job.

Hoping they catch the person; regardless of what they get charged with, I doubt other inmates will look too kindly on the person whose repeated and cowardly actions caused the loss of so many peoples property and, more importantly, lives.

Sat. in Maiden Gully, VIC. hot 47, windy as all get out. 4pm looked out window to see fire at back of me. jeans wooly jumper, overalls boots hat, secure and lock house, outside unchain dogs, run over hill at back, fire storm up gully, house no one home, shed on fire, explosions from within, garden hose water, soak self, contain fire to shed, cfa arrive, we save house, lost shed. smoke eyes streaming, coughing, exhausted, help shift burnt horse off road, put out spot fires, main fire headed into town, home late, house dogs and herp shed intact, no power, dark, find fridge, cold beer, sleep. dawn, locals ok, patrol spot fires.
phone rings calls from all over are you ok? one call, hideous, tears, mate and wife, Yarra Glen, stayed to fight fire, and both died. Bad times

thats horrible dale, so glade you are alright.

omg i am so happy you posted this because my dad is renting a place in a town where he has a promotion for his job. and there was a fire that was less than 1km from his house and they stopped it just in time...

Melbourne had a bit of rain, hopefully some went further inland.
Weird weather down there, 46*c in Melbourne yesterday, then today they had a high of 21*c, unfortunately doesn't look like the cool weather has traveled inland to where the fires are yet.

I fell for all the families friends on here. There are 76 poeple dead from these fires, thanks to the moroins who lite them for destroying familyies houses towns and all the wild life in the fires path. im sorry if people take offense to what i just wrote but i hope they catch them make them face all the people affected by this then lock them up and never release them.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/744864/worst-day-in-history-vic-fires-kill-14

Does anyone know what the deal is with donating goods? The Red Cross website states that they're not acception donations of goods, but I read elsewhere that communities are needing donations of clothes, towels, toilettries, food etc. We are planning to go down to they Bunyip State Forest temporary housing site with clothes etc after work tomorrow, but now I don't know if we should or not.

Also, today we were talking about how we always donate all our change to the CFA collectors at traffic lights etc... We've got a massive jar on the coffee table at home that we throw our change into at the end of each day, and we thought today "why not donate it all to the relief fund"? So we took it down the the machine that converts change into notes at the local supermarket (the machine gets a 5% cut but it's better than counting it all) and it turns out we had $400 in there which we dontated. Just an idea for everyone who has a jar of loose change lying around - those poor families need it more than you do ;)

Brian Naylor, retired channel nine news reader are one of the fatalities of the fire :shock:

I grew up being told "Brian told me so"

We are taking donations in Adelaide and driving them over ourselves.

We will go to the hardest hit areas community houses and emergency housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back