fire!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is just devastating.,. i have family up that way that have lost everything and yet im over here and cannot do a single thing...

To those that can help out somehow i plead you to help! The community up there is going to be torn to bits they are so close and everyone is family sort of thing one persons life is a tragedy let alone the 100+ that have died and in such severe conditions...

Ten million!!!; what's that get you these days?
Understandably we only hear what we see on the news...
What an insult; come on...very sad indeed.

I've heard that the bugs are relighting fires and that someof the blazes from yesterday have gather steam again....does anyone know if Horsham is still threatened?

The Alfred Hospital in Melbourne has been run dry of Morphine.

good news about this is its only a myth...they interviewed one of the Docs from Prince Alfred this morning, and quoted this as well as already reached capacity and were having to turn away burn victims...this is not the case, they still had plenty of morphine and were not at capacity, they were preparing for capacity and had a number of alternatives on standby.
was funny on the interview, channel 9's Today Show Lisa was doing the interview and said she had been told about the morphine, the Doc didn't seem too impressed with that and said it was nonsense and where did she hear that from??

well thats good news to hear. Even if they did i didn't expect it to last too long.

I've heard that the bugs are relighting fires and that someof the blazes from yesterday have gather steam again....does anyone know if Horsham is still threatened?

The last I heard that Horsham is safe. The fire started on a power pole at Vectis west of Horsham. According to the pictures in our local paper, the fire burnt to the western fringe of Horsham and basically burned around the southern side (through Haven) and part way up the eastern side of Horsham in a horse shoe pattern.

Eight houses were lost, numerous sheds, the golf club house and a fire tanker from Dimboola (crew OK). No live have been lost.

Can anyone tell me if Georges Creek is near ANY of the fires??? Please?? I have friends who recently moved down and we don't know if they are safe.
If you go to ten news melbourne and go to main story there is a bit that says "where fires are burning now", hope this helps

Update: death toll now well into hundreds... expected to reach around the 170 mark.... Those poor people. RIP...

toll now is at 128 and still expected to rise :( this is a nightmare .....does anyone know if any aps members are in the danger zones and if so did they survive?

Yeah, at last count they had 126 dead, but when forensics get in they're more than likely going to be looking at closetr to 200.

And for those in Melbourne area (even suburban areas) check out here

http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au/incidents/incident_summary.htm

This shows the CFA logged fires and what stage they're at, and just refresh the page and it will update. Mostly notifying of small fires, but also keeping track of larger fires and the major alerts when they're getting out of control.

Authorities are being warned to expect a toll of 230, the death toll is 130 at the moment this is the worse thing to happen because of spme morons who like lighting fire to get off.

Wildlife Rescue Information

In fire-affected areas, surviving wildlife will be disoriented, smoke-affected, hungry and severely dehydrated. Many animals will likely to be suffering burns to some degree.

Wildlife may also be displaced by fires and wander into populated areas. Residents can place containers or water above ground in a safe and shady area to assist stressed wildlife in fire-affected areas

Following any bushfire, DSE will undertake assessments, monitor wildlife recovery and assist in restoration of their habitats.

Wildlife rescue teams are on stand-by to assist in fire-affected areas to treat wildlife. Individuals encountering sick, injured or orphaned wildlife should call either of the following numbers. Experienced operators can offer advice and arrange assistance.

0417 380 687
13 000 WILDLIFE or 13 000 94 535

More information can be found at:

Help for Wildlife
Wildlife Victoria
BADGAR Emergency Wildlife Rescue

Information for Wildlife Rescue Volunteers

DSE and CFA in conjunction with volunteer wildlife rescue groups and carers have developed a set of protocols for working together at fires to ensure that both wildlife rescuers remain safe during recovery operations and have access to fire grounds as soon as practicably possible to assist injured wildlife.

Wildlife rescue groups and volunteers should ensure that they are familiar with these protocols, have the appropriate training and safety gear when attending all fires areas and have contacted DSE or CFA before entering any fire area.

Back to fire recovery information

I'm going in to give blood. Many people will be needing it and there is a shortage of it as it is. I encourage anyone else who can to do it as well!

I just hope they get the lowlifes who did all this......................... I am usually fairly neutral on judging others, but THIS is callous and reprehensible...... they deserve to have their hands burned, lets see how they get on with horrific burns injuries, let them get a taste of the indescribable suffering they have caused others.

It is being said tht some of the areas are being classified as crime scenes, and that's exactly what they are. The criminals that did this deserve everything they get, and MUCH more.

I'm going in to give blood. Many people will be needing it and there is a shortage of it as it is. I encourage anyone else who can to do it as well!

They are recommending that you pre-book an appointment (especially here in Victoria) if you are wishing to donate blood. I just thought I'd add that in case people got stuck in some massive queues. They are going to run desperately short.

I've also heard it reported that some of the hospitals around the place have run out of things like Morphine due to the demand. It's quite unbelievable whats going on down here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back