Getting a bredli carpet python soon!!!!!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons_dragons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Im getting a centralian carpet python (bredli) hatchling soon (a week or so) and i cant wait. It was a hard decision but i found out that diamonds and darwins are harder to look after than bredli's and were not for me. Also jungles are too aggressie even though some are friendly, i still want to stay on the safe side. Bh pythons are much too big for me and so are olie pythons. Water pythons do not have any patterns so i didnt like it.

So i hae decided to get a bredli carpet python. I really hope i am getting it soon.

Can any of you send some pics of your own bredli's (holding it). Just wanto se her beautiful patterns. Also can you gie any information to me. It will help a lot

thanks guys

So guys,

if possible try post some pics of your bredli's while holding them if possible so i can see their size and say how old they are.

Also please give me some information on bredli's if possible. More the better.

Thanks guys

well I dont have any pics on hand, but my girl is 7yo... absolute puppy dog, and about 8.5ft. She is currently incubating a clutch of about 25-30 eggs which are due to hatch sometime this week :eek:) You made a good decision, they are beautiful snakes! I have 4 in total, but my big lady, hate to say it but she is my fave. There are lots of bredli threads, and I think there is one or 2 of photos... enjoy

My 2 together...one on the left is 11 months old and the one on the right is 9-10 months old.

Last edited:
NEWSTUFF111208007.jpg

My first snake

Here's my first snake and a bredli too. It's apparenly one year old and 70cm long and thumb thickness, but I've seen others which were double the size at one year. I havn't juggled a camera with it in the other hand, but have this photo inside it's home.

She's still temperamental and needs to be picked up with a hook but is ok to handle if no sudden moves are made. I've had a couple of nips in defence though.

Attachments

• DSC02280.jpg
    DSC02280.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC02284.jpg
    DSC02284.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC02282.jpg
    DSC02282.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 96
Bad picture.
newpics002.jpg

IMG%5D

Last edited:
i have seen many pictures of adult breedli's but they were not red. they were close to black. is it true that as bredli's get older, they become browner then black with their beautiful stripes. if so, how long do they change to this black.

I LOVE THE BREDLI'S PATTERN NO MATTER WHAT COLOUR IT IS, THEIR LINED PATTERN IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. DO YOU AGREE?

Here's a pic of me holding a bredli (or is he holding me?). Bredli make great pets. :twisted:

Ouch.jpg

In all seriousness though, they do make great pets. They can be a little snappy as juvies but they quickly grow out of it. They will still bite when you try to separate them from their girlfriends though, as seen above. :)

This is my guy he is 23 months old and about 1.4m long (sorry for the bad quality pic).

IMG_0202.jpg

Here's one of mine. He's about a year old, but he's probably a bit small for his age.
Not the best photo, but it's the only recent one I've got of him on my hand.

Bacon7.jpg

Found another photo of the same snake that day I got it. Would've been about 2 months old in this one:
Bacon4.jpg

You can see how much they change in colour from the brown they are as hatchlings.

is it true that as bredli's get older, they become browner then black with their beautiful stripes. if so, how long do they change to this black.

BrediPair.jpg

Heres my female,Fireblade. Shes turning 1yr old this coming 19 Feb..
Coloring up really nicely and luvsss day-old chicks...

Attachments

• DSCF2699.jpg
    DSCF2699.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 104
  • DSCF2749.jpg
    DSCF2749.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCF2787.jpg
    DSCF2787.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 92
Most bredli look like brown worms straight out of the egg, after 5 or 6 sheds they loose their ugly duckling

appearance and by the time they are 3 yrs.old they can be magnicent.

Some hold their juvenile colours better than others I find the colour change so gradual that you don't notice it

much. This happens with most Morelia it's part of being a python

JMO
Cheers
Sandee :)

Attachments

• AZAR1sml.jpg
    AZAR1sml.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back