Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmalicious

Reaction score
my two snakes a Coastal and an Olive have started enjoying living together and don't want to be seperated, I'm worried that they could get aggressive if they are fed together. So my question is... Should I seperate them too feed them or will they be right together?

SEPARATE :) I Watched a Close mates 2 5 foot carpets get aggresive towards each other because of feeding time .. :)

I would be keeping in diff enclosures. Are they male or female?

not only feed separate but keep separate thats only asking for trouble plus if they breed i wouldn't want to be you on here

A coastal and an olive are not good things to keep together. Your snakes don't "want" to be together. Snakes are solitary animals. Forcing them to live together will cause a fair amount of stress for them both. Stress means decreased immune system, meaning your snakes could get sick and die.

Think about it;
Pros: Less enclosures to take up space.
Cons: Stress, difficultly in keeping records (as it's hard to tell who did what crap, etc.), the snakes fighting, possible injuries, decreased immune system and possible death of one or BOTH of your beloved snakes.

Certainly not worth it in my opinion :|

One of the originaly RSP collected was rescued from the clutches of a hungry olive. Don't you think you olive might get hungry and start licking it's lips at the sight of your coastal?

I would most definitely be keeping them seperate, not just feeding.

I've feed snakes together before the most important thing is to let them focus on the individual food being offered so they don't go for the same one, however my recommendations is to feed seperately and house seperately, even in your own mindset your focusing more on one snake when looking at its growth rate eating patterns and so forth.

agree with everyone else...i also have a coastal and a olive and they are kept in individual enclosures........
too much risk with fighting

your snakes dont WANT to be together, they are tolorating each other. as soon as one gets hungry(most likley the olive) it will eat the other. it might not be tomorrow, and it might not be within a year, but eventually, you will end up with one snake. keeping two snakes together is a BIG no no, especially two snakes of different speices, and even more soo two snakes with complete different sizes!!!

what about snakes that are mating partners, is it ok to keep them in the same enclosure year round?

Here is one someone prepared earlier

DSC00002_001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back