Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd agree with the general consencus so far ..with the urgument of cross breeding aside, I'd much rather look at a nice light coloured M. bredli.

dose the USA actually have anything left that isn't totally screwed up, why would you want that when you could have this.
Attached Thumbnails

i agree, the pure bredli both classic and hypo are much nicer.

You just proved his point with that comment. Annoying?
Confucious once said "sometimes the truth, it hurts.":lol:

Yasser

with the variety of stunning naturally occuring "morphs" (for want of a better word) being produced these days, i like so many other's can not see the positive side to hybridizing sub species. For every two nice looking hybrids produced, there are twenty "fuggly" clutch mates.......... where do they end up ??? what are they being sold as ? & what would 70 percent of people do, tell you the truth or take your money ??? leave the mongrel bred hybrids where they belong, OVER SEA's

I think they just look drab & washed out, quite boring really

A difference of opinion isn't narrow mindedness :lol: Nor does expressing annoyance at the ridiculousness of the assumption that a differing opinion is narrow mindedness in fact prove the narrow minded tag to be true ;) Especially not when the person with the differing opinion is not the person expressing annoyance at the silliness of the tag :D

with the variety of stunning naturally occuring "morphs" (for want of a better word) being produced these days, i like so many other's can not see the positive side to hybridizing sub species. For every two nice looking hybrids produced, there are twenty "fuggly" clutch mates.......... where do they end up ??? what are they being sold as ? & what would 70 percent of people do, tell you the truth or take your money ??? leave the mongrel bred hybrids where they belong, OVER SEA's

Its because of the popularity "morphs" you mention that many of these crossbreedings happen, just think about how albino darwin carpets have been crossed with most other carpets here in Australia. Pure bred snakes can look very boring and dull its not just hybrids. IMO if you are breeding pythons to look weird and unatural you might as well hybridise them.

Anyway i think the jag bredli look very boring, maybe they will colour up nicely?

Chris
Please show us an example of an unnatural looking line bred locality pure Australian python.

I would consider albinos to fit in that category, although they do occur naturally they are heavily selected against due to looking extremely obvious to predators. I know many have a differant opinion about this sort of thing and i dont expect others to look at it the same way i do. I personally see the breeding of snakes with mutations that would be deleterious in the wild as the same sort of thing as breeding hybrids, just as the Qld laws try to. JMO i dont expect everyone to share it.

I would consider albinos to fit in that category, although they do occur naturally they are heavily selected against due to looking extremely obvious to predators. I know many have a differant opinion about this sort of thing and i dont expect others to look at it the same way i do. I personally see the breeding of snakes with mutations that would be deleterious in the wild as the same sort of thing as breeding hybrids, just as the Qld laws try to. JMO i dont expect everyone to share it.

I think I see where you're coming from on this. Pretending that heavily line-bred 'morphs' are representative in any way of wild populations is wishful thinking at best.
Humans are sometimes born with extra digits, or albino colouring..... Doesn't suddenly make it the 'standard' for the breed.

At the end of the day an albino differs from a typical wild type snake by one single gene, the same can't be said for a hybrid.

You can't have your argument both ways Chris, using the albino that you mentioned.
It is a natural in the wild occurrence, simple as that (as you admit).
I am sure I don’t have to remind you that an opinion is irrelevant to what is an actual fact.
Have another try, as previously requested (if possible of course) I am generally interested in seeing pictures of line bred locale pure pythons that look unnatural (not likely to ever look like a specimen naturally from the wild )

Its because of the popularity "morphs" you mention that many of these crossbreedings happen, just think about how albino darwin carpets have been crossed with most other carpets here in Australia. Pure bred snakes can look very boring and dull its not just hybrids. IMO if you are breeding pythons to look weird and unatural you might as well hybridise them.

Anyway i think the jag bredli look very boring, maybe they will colour up nicely?

Unless you put a albino Darwin over another Darwin; what have you achieved?
....another hybrid; no worse then the backward efforts of those crossing any other species.
A lot of readers really don't understand the complexities of locality form pythons found in NQ;
myself included; even though I've been going bush for years...it takes more then the odd excursion up this way.
The difference is some of us have done quite a lot of field work
and have the understanding; locality forms; such as jungles; can differ considerably from one area to another....
It may be only as far as the next vally.
In any given locality; you'll see oddities; some nice; others not (unnatural? weird?)...not at all; just seldom seen.
On that note; inbreeding regularly happens in the wild....hence some of these oddities.
For example; look at the home range of a few breeding pairs of jungles that inhabitat an old shed.
No offence intended Chris...

Hey Spit fire, yeah one of the animals you posted looks ok; but the truth is, very average compared to some of locality animals we have; just my opinion of course...either way; thanks for the pictures; keep trying mate ;)

Last edited:
Yasser is being kind enough to show us some of his animals, keep in mind that he lives in the U.S and all you people want to do is bag his animals and call them ugly.
GROW UP PEOPLE!!!! If you don`t like them Don`t reply! The majority of you seem so miserable im surprised you havn`t thought about putting a rope around your necks yet!

Yasser is being kind enough to show us some of his animals, keep in mind that he lives in the U.S and all you people want to do is bag his animals and call them ugly.
GROW UP PEOPLE!!!! If you don`t like them Don`t reply! The majority of you seem so miserable im surprised you havn`t thought about putting a rope around your necks yet!

Haha...your correct Geck82; I'm sure most of us are interested to see what he and others are producing
overseas....not bagging his animals at all mate; just giving an opinion; some of which are good; some not so good. I'm off to find some rope...miserable old so and so that I am ;)

Chris
Please show us an example of an unnatural looking line bred locality pure Australian python.

What about patternless childrens pythons????

Ben

EDIT: Though i doubt they are locality pure...oops

Last edited:
Interesting looking snake but not my cup of tea. I prefer a good hypo or a nice brick red classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back