Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben
What about the pattern less childreni? They have been seen in the wild by many people, even by two people participating in this thread right now, they aren't that uncommon.

You can't have your argument both ways Chris, using the albino that you mentioned.
It is a natural in the wild occurrence, simple as that (as you admit).
I am sure I don’t have to remind you that an opinion is irrelevant to what is an actual fact.
Have another try, as previously requested (if possible of course) I am generally interested in seeing pictures of line bred locale pure pythons that look unnatural (not likely to ever look like a specimen naturally from the wild )

Well you can also argue that hybrids occur naturally, who can say without any doubt that a carpet python has never ever bred with a GTP in the wild. There is constant hybridisation in many wild pythons, just as inbreeding will also occur. Goldfish are a good example to look at, they are pure but due to many generations of selected breeding many of them are hardly natural wildtype. Im not aware of any pure line bred pythons that are like this yet, but every generation they potentially get further and further away from the natural type. Breeding hybrids is just a much quicker way of messing things up.

Ben
What about the pattern less childreni? They have been seen in the wild by many people, even by two people participating in this thread right now, they aren't that uncommon.

Sweet.. Thanks for that info

Ben

Yasser, some stunning animals you produce as always! :)

On the subject of Bredli Jags, I personally find the 50%BredliJags to be more attractive animals than the 75% animals. I think the higher the the Bredli percentage the closer to the normal type bredli they become and as a result they are loosing the Jag qualities.

To me the 50% animals stand out in comparison. I have said this before on another forum, but I think the 75% look similar to some of the higher quality hypo Bredli being produced here in Oz. I understand the ideas you guys over there have breeding Jags into many other species and subspeies, but once the Jag traits start getting lost, is it not going backwards in your projects objectives??

I really love hypo Bredli, classics too, but I also appreciate some of the jag crosses being produced overseas. Crosses personally are not my thing, but I can still appreciate a good looking snake! After all it is seeing and appreciating the beauty in reptiles that is supposed to be what we all as herpers have in common. But at some stage why not pair a 50% to another 50% rather than further dilute the Jag gene with another generation of breeding it out?

I love Jags, no doubt about it, that's why we are trying to breed animals similar with projects such as our RP Prossies... but at some stage it would be nice to try and work further on breeding better Jags, not consistantly further breeding them out by back crossing them. I don't understand that point...

Yasser! Welcome, though I must warn you it's a tough crowd your playing too. Believe me.
Please stick around though. You have more experience on this topic than anyone in Australia, and I for one am keen to hear your thoughts. Some of the members may get a little over excited at times, but the future of our nation is at stake. They want to keep things (kind of )pure for our children, and our childrens children.
Is it true that only 5% of hybrids are good looking and all the others need to be frozen?

You are such a sarcastic bugger, QLdMorelias. Love it though. Thanks for keeping it up beat mate. Im so sick of all the wildlife warriors!! That drag a good topic into the ground.

It does get a bit repetitive, but then again so do I.
I've read alot of what Yasser has done, and though I don't agree with all of it he does know his stuff. On the "carpet crosses" debate he's someone worth listening too.
And then after you listen you can ridicule him till he never shows his face round these here parts again.

You are such a sarcastic bugger, QLdMorelias. Love it though. Thanks for keeping it up beat mate. Im so sick of all the wildlife warriors!! That drag a good topic into the ground.

Nip!.. Pow!.. Zap!...Bagman!!!
The only thing missing from that avatar is the 'cape' now :lol:

All the wildlife warriors; good stuff; Mr Irwin would be proud :)

What happens overseas; doesn't effect our wildlife...
And yes; some of us do appreciate those; such as 'Spit Fire' posting.
I'm sure all of us can gain some insight in morelia genetic's;
listening to what breeders like himself have to offer...

However the hybridisation of species in Australia;
can certainly have an effect on our locality forms; regardless.
Like yourself Cordylus; we 'warriors' as you refer to us :lol:
are just as sick of those keepers; that skilfully avoid answering any questions regarding how we;
as a community can adequately control hybrid species and their impact within the hobby.
Look back through some recent threads; if your memory fails you...
Forgive me in thinking; they care not; and wish to take no responsibility for their actions.
Tit for tat; who needs it...suggestion; take a 'minute'
Now ask yourself; what can we as 'responsible' keepers; do to ensure that 'pure' lines remain pure?
I've thought about it; and haven't a clue; other then avoiding hybrids full stop.

are just as sick of those keepers; that skilfully avoid answering any questions regarding how we;
as a community can adequately control hybrid species and their impact within the hobby.
Look back through some recent threads; if your memory fails you...
Forgive me in thinking; they care not; and wish to take no responsibility for their actions.
Now ask yourself; what can we as 'responsible' keepers; do to ensure that 'pure' lines remain pure?
I've thought about it; and haven't a clue; other then avoiding hybrids full stop.

In a nutshell.

Haha...your correct Geck82; I'm sure most of us are interested to see what he and others are producing
overseas....not bagging his animals at all mate; just giving an opinion; some of which are good; some not so good. I'm off to find some rope...miserable old so and so that I am ;)
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nip!.. Pow!.. Zap!...Bagman!!!
The only thing missing from that avatar is the 'cape' now :lol:
However the hybridisation of species in Australia;
can certainly have an effect on our locality forms; regardless.
are just as sick of those keepers; that skilfully avoid answering any questions regarding how we;as a community can adequately control hybrid species and their impact within the hobby. Look back through some recent threads; if your memory fails you...
"

.......Your never going to stop people crossing snakes. For you, It may be a nice idea but it's never going to happen. If we can all agree on that point, the next question, and the real question is how do we regulate it.
If we keep skipping back to the "yeah but ya shouldn't do it" line there will never be a solution.
So we at QldMorelias have spent alot of time in the lab trying to come up with a solution to your question.

"what can we as 'responsible' keepers; do to ensure that 'pure' lines remain pure?
I've thought about it; and haven't a clue; "

The answer my friends is to live and let live. People are going to cross their carpets with or without the all important stamp of approval from APS members. To keep lines pure those who do cross their carpets will need to feel they can be open about it without being flamed by the purists.
So purists repeat after me " I wouldn't buy them, I don't like crosses, but each to their own"
If you can memorise that simple little line those who do go down the designer path won't need to palm them off as something else,.. if that's what's happening. As so many of these comments show there is room for both. And people if you want to keep some of your animals locale specific and some designer animals, well that's ok too.

confucious also say "man who have hand on it must keep small package":lol::lol:

Yasser! Welcome, though I must warn you it's a understanding pleasant crowd your playing too. Believe me.
Please go away though. You are more of an jack*** on this topic than anyone in Australia, and I for one am not keen to hear your thoughts. Some of the members may get a little over excited at times, but the future of our nation is at stake. They want to keep things pure for our children, and our childrens children.
Is it true that no hybrids are good looking and all need to be frozen?

finally... were getting somewere

Wow arbok. Guess I'm not the only comic genius here. That's gold....who writes your material?

If I left it at that it would be classed as off topic and deleated,.., so...freedom of choice people. If you live in a state where it's legal ..cross your socks off.!!
Yasser I know your sleeping now pal, but when you wake up stick around. We like you.
(underbelly's starting!)

i cant believe american's! People from the US of A will be coming over to australia looking for australian snakes that they have never ever seen before! Even though people will be saying they have seen aussie snakes! But we all know that they will have never seen a pure blood bredli or jungle!

Yasser! Welcome, though I must warn you it's a tough crowd your playing too. Believe me.
Please stick around though. You have more experience on this topic than anyone in Australia, and I for one am keen to hear your thoughts. Some of the members may get a little over excited at times, but the future of our nation is at stake. They want to keep things (kind of )pure for our children, and our childrens children.
Is it true that only 5% of hybrids are good looking and all the others need to be frozen?

the knee pads have been strapped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back