Steve Irwin. I WANT ANOTHER.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i laughed so hard then Austin Stevens go tagged but the cobra :) i hate that guy

Jeff Corwin isnt too bad but he's no Irwin tho
What i dislike about both of them and some others is that they seam to be trying to do their own version of him and not pulling it off.

There was even an Aussie husband and wife team (cant remember names) that went out in kakis and she was trying to be steve, crikey this, crikey that, wasnt pretty.

There will never be another steve. Even now sometimes i'll be watching his docos and almost forget there wont be any more now. SO so sad.:(

For all he was critisized he genuinely loved animals and wanted others to feel the same. How many other celebrities would spend their money buying up land for wildlife?

steve was over exagerated and that is what i liked about him, he loved nature and was an entertainer. people either loved him or hated him.

What i dislike about both of them and some others is that they seam to be trying to do their own version of him and not pulling it off.

There was even an Aussie husband and wife team (cant remember names) that went out in kakis and she was trying to be steve, crikey this, crikey that, wasnt pretty.

There will never be another steve. Even now sometimes i'll be watching his docos and almost forget there wont be any more now. SO so sad.:(

For all he was critisized he genuinely loved animals and wanted others to feel the same. How many other celebrities would spend their money buying up land for wildlife?

Yep.
RIP
Great Vid, in my fav list.

I have never been a fan of Steve Irwin. It was sad how he died but it did not change my opinion of him. (JMO)

I have to agree with you there.

Whilst I think he was a great family man/husband/father and he was very passionate about what he did, he was just way over the top for me.

I found him embarrassing to watch and when I spent a month in Europe a few years back one of the things I was looking forward to, was not seeing him on the tv and yet the first ad that came on when I touched down in Amsterdam was one of his....I nearly cried..lol

I wish he hadn't died though cause I think the world could do with more lovely family men like him but I just wish he would have toned himself down a bit.

The bloke was a ****er. He was painful to listen to, painful to watch and made no real contribution to society outside of convincing everyone that reptiles were mostly a threat, dangerous and got a *****load of coin via his various enterprises. And off those same peoples fear.
"He was a great family man...." Bollocks. He was married to a nutter, held his kids over crocs to publicise his shack up the coast, and gave us bloody Bindi (ironically named child too..).

Disclaimer: So as to avoid an infraction, I wasn't happy to hear of him die and I cried for the acceptable amount of time, but I truly hope we don't see a replacement. Just when we thought we'd gotten over Crocodile Dundee...

the bloke was a ****er. He was painful to listen to, painful to watch and made no real contribution to society outside of convincing everyone that reptiles were mostly a threat, dangerous and got a *****load of coin via his various enterprises. And off those same peoples fear.
"he was a great family man...." bollocks. He was married to a nutter, held his kids over crocs to publicise his shack up the coast, and gave us bloody bindi (ironically named child too..).

Disclaimer: So as to avoid an infraction, i wasn't happy to hear of him die and i cried for the acceptable amount of time, but i truly hope we don't see a replacement. Just when we thought we'd gotten over crocodile dundee...

x2000

The bloke was a ****er. He was painful to listen to, painful to watch and made no real contribution to society outside of convincing everyone that reptiles were mostly a threat, dangerous and got a *****load of coin via his various enterprises. And off those same peoples fear.
"He was a great family man...." Bollocks. He was married to a nutter, held his kids over crocs to publicise his shack up the coast, and gave us bloody Bindi (ironically named child too..).

Disclaimer: So as to avoid an infraction, I wasn't happy to hear of him die and I cried for the acceptable amount of time, but I truly hope we don't see a replacement. Just when we thought we'd gotten over Crocodile Dundee...

Well thats why He spent millions on animal preservation because he was an #$#@*# Huh? have some respect. Wow He married sombody he loved? U married ur wife coz of her looks then im guessing? and for his kids what have they done wrong?

Cant believe some people.

Mrmikk thanks finally a couple of ppl who arnt paying out on him..

with the load of coin he made via his various enterprises he bought huge amount of land around the world as safe havens for threatened animals of all kinds. i loved the passion he had for all animals and thank him for bring that to me.
what i dont understand is the people like you tooninoz that didnt like him and say he was painfull to watch and listen to. whats that button on your tv? i think they call it the on,off switch.
as for his nutter wife terri and his kids bindi and bob (robert), i hope they continue do do as steve did. and i cant wait to watch bindi and bob showing the same passion as their father steve.

steve irwin maybe gone, but never forgotten. R.I.P. steve

Steve all the way, Australia the land of his home. No one could ever replace him, His mind was like out there in madness full of nature sucking in all the glory it had to offer. Most people set out to get a new toy but not steve nut strait into the bush looken for snakes. He loved the surf all kinds of out door fun, great Aussie person who wouldn't change for any price or any one. You just cant compare him to other's as every one to there own and thats what make us all so interesting.

cheers steve.

Well thats why He spent millions on animal preservation because he was an #$#@*# Huh? have some respect.

Millions on animal preservation OR millions on land in his families ownership?
If I had his money I would buy up as much land as I could too. No doubt it will deffinately come in handy later when the wife would want to branch out and franchise the zoo all over the world lmao.

Wow He married sombody he loved? U married ur wife coz of her looks then im guessing?

He married a money hungry, media junkie that pushed him into the spotlight with the intention of marketing him. Which she has/does achieve/d. Steve was a better man when he was just a humble croc hunter like his old man. No need for media attention, no need for multi million $ marketing etc

and for his kids what have they done wrong?

Nothing wrong as such, simply doing as they are told/taught.
But I can quite honestly say seeing Bindi selling food items, clothing, fitness videos, singing DVD's, animal shows etc is quite annoying and just takes their argument of "its for conservation purposes" past the boundaries of reality IMO

Cant believe some people.
I know, anyone would think members arn't allowed to have differing opinions lol.

Anyways what education insight did he actually offer?
I can not recall learning a single thing from him other than which animal was a beautiful sheila and what animall was a angry or bad fella. :lol::lol::lol: CRIKEY!

Yeh Right bud He taught lots of ppl stuff I think maybe its time u start watching some of his documentrys. He was a great example of an australian.

think about the fact about how much land he bought to protect our native wildlife,or do you realy dont give a **** about that fact and only care how good/bad of an entertainer he was. Raises the question do you care what happens to the status of wild reptiles in the future, or are you that full of it and you only care about captive herps and what new morph you can through out.
BT

Awesome bloke and my number 1 hero/idol!! I even named my 1st python after him IRWIN!!
The next bloke we will see like him will be his son Bob, all these people down talkin the man are a waste of space, its always the wrong ones that die young!! Over the top? Maybe, Passionate? Definatly!!
RIP Steve we miss ya mate!!

Steve Irwin was an awesome dude!!!! my hero..........in a way

my dad was doing inpressions of him the other day! almost sounded completely like him!!

WOOOO i have steve Irwin as a dad!!!!!LOL :p

but ya gotta admit his daughter looks like a monkey and gets shoved in your face!!

I Disagree with selling bindi dolls. yeh.. Its stupid But dont hate the man coz he got rich from doing what u wish u could do...

He was a good bloke, with good intentions, but someone came along and corrupted him and the zoo. Australia Zoo doesnt support real conservation, but rather they are just interested in money and stupid bleading heart BS, they only support "conservation" that is popular and mainly do stuff that is a complete waste of time. They run cattle on the propeties they claim are for conservation and show no sign of helping local species survive. Any credibility they had left went with Bob Irwin. Sadly Steve Irwin is now the name of a terrorist boat run by fanatical extremists. He also had no regard for the laws protecting whales himself. It was only a matter of time before his stupid risks caught up with him.

That aside there is Austin Stevens who is far worse(or better from crazy POV) than Steve and the guy from expidition new england is much more entertaining http://www.expeditionnewengland.com/. Rob Bredl makes far better shows than Steve Irwin anyway, for some reason the yanks havnt turned him into an idol, perhaps because he is to down to earth and hasnt been corrupted for the sake of show biz. Both shows are on QCTV(formerly Bris 31).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back