What needs to be in a hatchlings enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons_dragons

Not so new Member
Banned
Reaction score
HEY,

i just wanted to know what stuff you need to put in a hatchlings anclosure for a 2 month old blonde spotted python

thanks

I use paper towel for substrate, other that that the thermostat is in there, a bottle cap for the water dish, a crushed toilet roll for a hide, a stick through one set of airholes for a perch, and my snake :D

hatchie hides

l use the centre out of paper towel rolls the luv-em as hides .....l collect them all year and then use them at hatchie time ....womas, bhps, bredli and macs all live in them....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

I use paper towel for substrate, other that that the thermostat is in there, a bottle cap for the water dish, a crushed toilet roll for a hide, a stick through one set of airholes for a perch, and my snake :D

a bottle cap?

thats a bit to small id say?

just the basics nothing fancey

It's working for me so far, I tryed making a big one, but that didn't work out.... but my jungle is only just over 30cm long and he seems to be loving it:)

what type of bottle lid is this?

arnt they suppose to be able to fit in it, i know my spotty wouldnt fit into a bottle cap

Stainless egg cups are good water bowls for hatchies.
Coles sell them & they are not as tall as most other types (actually they are rather short)

Good ventialtion, a 4m 15watt eat cord with a single run accross the with at one end, a KFC sweet and sour sauce(other flavours may be OK, but wont taste as good) container with a small rock with water in it and a small rock to keep it from tipping over, a small bit of branch, bark, carboard etc. to allow them to shed and travel easily (best under at least some of the paper), some paper to allow them to hide, insulate the heating and soak up crap and stuff, a snake and i think thats about it. Make sure the enclosure is fairly small, low and securely shut, they dont want open space as it will make them stress out. Position the paper so they can get in between the layers so they are secure and can easily regulate their temperature by moving around while being safe and secure under the paper.

With a little bit of common sense there is no need to waste money on a thermostat and a complete setup should cost well under $50.

I will post some pics up tommorow if i remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back