Screw in light fittings?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have looked every where and it seems I can find any, tried Bunnings, Mitre 10, and lighting shops but no one seems to have them, but I know they're made because I have seen them in enclosures.
So where do all you DIY enclosure builders get them from? A specific shop on the Sunshine Coast would be preferred.

Cheers, Dan.

try an electrical wholesale outlet, look up your yellow pages.
hope that helps.
cheers:)

i got some off an electrician friend (showed him and he had to order them) and some from my local herp dealer in bris.

call around light shops and ask for ceramic edison fittings, or pet shops, or order some from the herp shop ;)

Cool thanks for that guys!

call around light shops and ask for ceramic edison fittings, or pet shops, or order some from the herp shop ;)

I looked on there but didn't see any? Obviously didn't look properly, will be my last resort as I need them asap.
Thanks!

Edit* Lol they wern't that hard to find on the herp shop, need to open my eyes!

Funnily enough I always find heaps of light fittings at our local tip recycle shop, if I ever need anything electrical I head there first. Last time I scored 6 ceramic screw in light fittings for $1.50 & they were brand new in bags:)

if you really struggle to find them go into bunnings and you will find a pair of flood light holder for around the $15 mark get them pull them apart and there will be a ceramic holder in each, i have had to do this a few times

the best option is a local electrical wholesaler such as midendorp or betta electrical (im sure middy's is aust wide)

Hey Dan, where on the sunny coast are you? I got my last couple of ceramic fittings from the lighting shop in Nambour ( think its howard st ), and they came with steel mounting brackets.

Pm me I can get you as many as you need
ES fitting with heat mounting block $16.50
ES fitting $3.50 each
Flat ceramic fitting $7.00

Attachments

• 66_1.jpg
    66_1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 0f781514056ef6f5d9d1b2a54d727601.jpg
    0f781514056ef6f5d9d1b2a54d727601.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 63
  • ecaf860085e6e0128dd0092fe7b152d7.jpg
    ecaf860085e6e0128dd0092fe7b152d7.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Hey Dan, where on the sunny coast are you? I got my last couple of ceramic fittings from the lighting shop in Nambour ( think its howard st ), and they came with steel mounting brackets.

Yea I'm in pretty much in Nambour, and I went to that store on Howard Street today and they didn't have any and the lady that served me seemed to believe that you couldn't get them any more. Also tried the lighting shop in Home Central in Kawana, no luck there either.
How long ago was it that you got them from there?

Pm me I can get you as many as you need

Oh a bit late! I just ordered some off Herp Trader, will keep that in mind next time though, thanks mate.

Bunnings , BUT not loose , , look at the round lights l think they call them oyster lights . They have a really cheap one with a screw in fitting , just use what you need and bin the rest .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back