quick ackie question!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

campatrick

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hey guys had my ackies for a bout a month now just woundering what you guys think about thermostats. i used to run it setup in centre of the enclosure on 30 when it reached 30 backing light went of etc. now im trying just running the basking light with no thermo stat just 12 on 12 off. temps are gettin about 37 max at hot endand and about 31 at cool end.. do you think its getting a little warm at the cool end?? try using a lower wattage glob maybe? running a 75 atm??

off that subject what size woodies can i start feeding them there only 2 months old about 20+ cm atm...

thanks guys cheers

cam

hey guys had my ackies for a bout a month now just woundering what you guys think about thermostats. i used to run it setup in centre of the enclosure on 30 when it reached 30 backing light went of etc. now im trying just running the basking light with no thermo stat just 12 on 12 off. temps are gettin about 37 max at hot endand and about 31 at cool end.. do you think its getting a little warm at the cool end?? try using a lower wattage glob maybe? running a 75 atm??

off that subject what size woodies can i start feeding them there only 2 months old about 20+ cm atm...

thanks guys cheers

cam

Cam - I don't use a thermostat and we use a 100W globe the temps are good. In a 1200 x 600 D x 400 H enclosure

how big is ur cage?
i have a 4ft and i use a 100watt globe off a thermo and on a cold day its a bit cool. on a hot day it get a tad hot, but i guess it gives them variation.

what type of day did u measure those temps at? (ambient outside temp)

and ackies are pretty good at ripping things apart. but probly some half grow wodies. anything that looks smaller than the size of its head. yeah can also feed small amounts of mince but i found my didnt eat that till they were much older :)

crix will also provide them with entertainment and food :)

how big is ur cage?
i have a 4ft and i use a 100watt globe off a thermo and on a cold day its a bit cool. on a hot day it get a tad hot, but i guess it gives them variation.

what type of day did u measure those temps at? (ambient outside temp)

and ackies are pretty good at ripping things apart. but probly some half grow wodies. anything that looks smaller than the size of its head. yeah can also feed small amounts of mince but i found my didnt eat that till they were much older :)

crix will also provide them with entertainment and food :)

pinkies as a treat are good.

hey guys cheers for the quick replies. 1200x450x550... ive only done it todaya nd yesterday with no thermo and that were the max temps. at night my place doesnt get really cold. so they will be ok??

baskings stop reaches 60'c easy. ill try them on soem woodies see what they think. mine dont take mince only crickets but there chewing throught about 2 packs a week,,,

even though the woodies are a little bigger than the crix ill see if they can get them down...

nah not on the computer... cant get them up here misplaced the cord... made it myself every neat well set out i think.. just got a tile stack few hides tree etc. just changed the substrate to sand from rock now there a bit bigger.. they seem to enjoy it. will that size enclosure last them till there fully grown or will i need to upsize a little?

Ackies can handle the heat very well. Your hot end sounds too cool though - thy prefer 60-70 don't they?

yer my basking spot is in the 60s.. the temps off the basking spot are about 37 cool end being 31 max.. started feeding them woodies now.. cant get enough off em.. worth buying a bulk order??

cheers

as many as they eat in about 10 mins.
what i do is drop them in one by one and in about 5/10mins they have eaten enough.
specially if they are young all they can eat will get them growing fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back