Panton Hill effected by bushfires??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slytherin

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question to see if anyone knows....I won an item off ebay last night which was listed about a week ago and the seller was on holidays, returning when the listing ended. Can anyone in Victoria tell me please, if the Panton Hill area was effected, or is being effected by the bushfires?

If you look on the TEN NEWS sight they have a map of where the fires are burning now.
It looks pretty close to the Kilmore fire, though the map doesnt say Panton Hill.

I usually drive through Panton Hill a few times each week, but since the fires I haven't even bothered using that road as much of it closer to Kinglake was precarious enough before the fires (Kinglake Heidelberg Road) and I'm not sure when they'll open it up again (they may already have). St Andrews was apparently burned right out, which is the suburb on the Kinglake side of St Andrews. I know a couple of people who kept their houses in St Andrews, and have heard that many/most didn't make it. I haven't heard anything about Panton Hill so I imagine they weren't too badly hit.

Thanks mckellar, I hope so! For the seller's sake and my item. Thanks Sdaji.

LOL Lullaby!!! :lol: They'll laugh at me! They're not fans like we are. ;)

Can anyone confirm the advice of the others?

I'm only asking regarding an item I bought off ebay which pales against the big picture...Its a horrific thought that these fires are still on the loose and still threatening people, animals, property and natural bushland!

St. Andrews and Panton Hill are fine.

St Andrews is fine? Word in Kinglake is that it was hit fairly badly. Then again, word in Kinglake is not always reliable, so you might be right. Are you sure?

kinglake is mess'd, still a few houses and some whole streets standing.
steels creek is very much burnt
the steels creek rd end of st andrews is very burnt with small areas around it burnt by spot fires. i rent on skyline rd which less than half a k away from steels creek.
i was interstate on the weekend the fires came through but one of the guys i live with is in the cfa and kept me updated.

Yeah, I've spent most of the last three weeks (well, and the last year) in Kinglake, but haven't been to St Andrews since the night before the fires. Do you know if Heidelberg Kinglake road is open yet?

not fully. you dont need an emergency services pass to get through anymore but you still get stopped at some points as there really trying to keep bloody sight seeiers away. (or atleast this was the case on saturday arvo)

St Andrews is fine? Word in Kinglake is that it was hit fairly badly. Then again, word in Kinglake is not always reliable, so you might be right. Are you sure?

20 people (approx, numbers are a long way from being finalysed) lost their lives in St Andrews due to the bushfires. Many of the roads are still closed.

Panton Hill is very close to St Andrews, and if not directly hit by the fires it would def be affected by road closures etc

not fully. you dont need an emergency services pass to get through anymore but you still get stopped at some points as there really trying to keep bloody sight seeiers away. (or atleast this was the case on saturday arvo)

I have a pass to get up there, but I've been using the road through Whittlesea. The cops at the checkpoints have been getting a lot more relaxed about waving you through lately, so I figured it wouldn't be long before they opened them up again. I've seen a fair few rubber neckers around Kinglake, which of course is really annoying. Some even have the nerve to take food from the relief centers!

20 people (approx, numbers are a long way from being finalysed) lost their lives in St Andrews due to the bushfires. Many of the roads are still closed.

Panton Hill is very close to St Andrews, and if not directly hit by the fires it would def be affected by road closures etc

I grew up in st. andrews, and still have a huge amount of friends up there.A large amount of it is fine. The town itself is fine, the outer fringes are where things happened, and i was in panton hill for a party saturday and the road was open all the way to st andrews.

I grew up in st. andrews, and still have a huge amount of friends up there.A large amount of it is fine. The town itself is fine, the outer fringes are where things happened, and i was in panton hill for a party saturday and the road was open all the way to st andrews.

Still, if 20 people died, you can't say it's fine! It's very good to hear the main part is still there. It would be really weird if the pub burned down!

the pubs fine dw. about 10 people helped protect the pub (cleaning, laying crushed rock over the grass, and cutting down the dead trees) as soon as the ses came by and told them the fire was heading our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back