Maternal Incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
absolutely fantastic,great to see nature at its finest...well done am interested in knowing the sex to ...17 out of 17 cant complain about that now:)

Wow, must be a great feeling to have all babies hatching for you.

Did you end up feeding her during her incubating the eggs?

Ive never bred before, but this is very interesting to read. Good luck with the bubs :)

Congratulations!! Thant's fantastic! So can I just double-check with you, you gave her constant heating or 31 on the hot end for the entire process?? Also, what were your humidity levels at??
Cheers and can't wait to see pics :D

I didnt feed her through incubation, decided I would leave her go. I weighed all hatchies... smallest at 30g and biggest was 36g, the other 15 ranged between 32-34g. Encl, basking site was 31 day n nite. After the hatchies had been removed on sat, I removed the egg box and thoroughly cleaned her encl. She fed on sunday nite and went opaque on mon.

I was thinking of writing down everything I did from start to finish, more so for my own reference, but anyone who is interested in it, im happy to share.

oh yeh... pics or it didnt happen :)

Attachments

• DSC00416.jpg
    DSC00416.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 49
  • P2190010.jpg
    P2190010.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 51
  • P2190011.jpg
    P2190011.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 48
  • P2200017.jpg
    P2200017.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 44
  • P2200021.jpg
    P2200021.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 52
did you have to do anything to help her or did you just leave her be to sit on em??

was it easyer than artificial incubabtion???

Congrats. I'd say good job but she did it all ;) I'm looking fwd to trying this with something this season.

she was fantastic through the whole process, quiet natured, so I was able to observed her with no worries, even when they were just laid and hatching aswell. every couple of days i would mist the moss at the other end of the nest box and maybe once a week gently mist her and she would lap the droplets off her skin. Other than that not much... well the power went out and I didnt care! The misting prob wasnt completly necessary as she can increase the humidity, however I dont believe there was any ill effects on the eggs as they remained white and reasonably full looking all the way through.

HEARTIEST CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Not bred my MD's yeet, but hoping to do the same as you........... do you remove the male?????
May I ask if you could let me know exactly how you set it all up????? How much more did you feed her beforehand, etc?????

I am in awe of your and her efforts,;................ would love to get al details from you.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back