frog and reptile friendly gardens

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanharvey1993

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey, I would love to attract reptiles to our garden we have plenty of banksias, heath type gardens, etc. but we dont seem to have many reptiles. only reptiles we have seen in the last few years are

swamp snake
blackish blind snake
bandy bandy
green tree snake
calyptotis ruficauda
delicate garden skink
eastern blue tongued skink
jacky dragon
eastern dwarf tree frog
dusky toadlet
perons tree frog

we have a fair bit of bush around the area but dont seem to see many reptiles. what should we add to the garden to help attract them, also pics of frog ponds, habitats you have in your garden would be good, aswell as what you have found at these places, thanks

You are doing much better than me for back yard herps! I have to go to the herp room to get some reptile action!

If the hutch is close to the house, just check it every night before you go to bed. But make sure your enclosure has wire that's small enough to not allow anything in that will harm your birds. We had that happen to us once, and the damn cage was inside. I guarantee that if you have a fair bit of growth around your house, thick shrubs, trees, then you'll eventually see a snake trying to get to your birds. Also, as we learnt the hard way, it's better to overestimate how small a space snakes can fit through, and how big a meal item they could eat if they got in. Get my drift? ;)

why garden, you go on herp trips, rubbish mate tear down a shed and leave all the materials around the yard . start up a big woodpile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back