Shark attack!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hubby was on his way for a surf at North Av this morning when he heard the news on the radio! He went to Palmy instead...

Bit scary to see it happening at the beach I take my daughter to ALL the time.

I was thinking about going to the beach this morning then I heard the radio say that there was a shark attack.

Used to be family friends with them so it was a bit of a shock

Great weather for the sharks to come in nice & close.
Fishing has been great too. Might have to arrange a day out chasing some big bull sharks through the harbour I think.

Bit scary to see it happening at the beach I take my daughter to ALL the time.

Just like all the car accidents on the road you drive your daughter on all the time....:lol: ( no malice intended)

Most people have probably swum with them hundreds of times and not even realised.

Last edited:
im suprised they ran the big harbour swim anyway, and even when there were about 5 unofficial sightings of bulls and hammer heads near the spit. and the worst thing for andrew is that hes gonna miss out on alot of school when we have the School certificate at the end of the year

year 10 or 12 certificate? im in year 10 and so far its a breeze, just do your homework and knuckle down in work and you will get through it. im sure he would receive work anyhow,.

Just like all the car accidents on the road you drive your daughter on all the time....:lol: ( no malice intended)

Most people have probably swum with them hundreds of times and not even realised.

Yeah I know, but it's like when there is a car accident outside your front door - it just makes it all a bit more tangible.

Yeah I know, but it's like when there is a car accident outside your front door - it just makes it all a bit more tangible.

exactly, you go to the beach every week, nearly every second day, and someone you know gets attacked by a shark or there is a attack at a beach near you, then it starts to get real and serious. car crashes are alot different, yes they kill people, but people control the cars so its really different

not cool but you have to expect it to happen now and then when your in their playground

Human Deaths in Australia Between 1980-1990, Inclusive (from Stevens & Paxton, 1992)

Cause of Death

Total Deaths
Crocodile Attacks
8​

Shark Attacks
11​

Lightning Strikes

Bee Stings

Scuba Diving Accidents

Drownings/Submersions

Motor Vehicle Accidents
32,772​

I still go in the water everyday.

http://www.sydney100.com/snakes-spiders-sharks.htm

and not one single snake bite ...........well there ya go no need to be using the ole shovel now is there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back