All 4 Pets Springvale - Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bivhitscar

Reaction score
Hi APS,

These guys have a male and female Bredli, about a year old for $400 and $500 respectively. I'm only after one right now though.

I've tried searching for info on them (All 4 Pets, not the snakes), but I thought I'd put the question to you guys.

Has anyone had any experience shopping here? Just want to make sure I'll be getting a good animal for a fair price.

My girlfriend was there (and has a crush on both of them (the snakes, not the shop :p)). I haven't seen them or their surroundings and if I decide to buy one, it'll be my first snake.

Any info on the shop would be great.

I paid $300 for mine from a good breeder, so for a pet shop those prices are probably reasonable. Pet shops will always be dearer than a private breeder.

dont buy reps from pet shops. you hear mostly bad things about them.the less reps that get bought in shops the better for the animals. they will stop selling once no one wants to buy them. more to the point, did you ask why they had been selling the pair ? or given thr pair from last owner to sell? coz for a yr old i wouldnt pay it, but again speaking, its a pet shop. lol

I suppose I'm used to buying boxed inanimate goods and the like - which you are better off buying from a shop, for obvious reasons. From what I've read over the last couple of months, should I be reversing this logic for animals?

all for pets......research a bredli then go in and ask the staff and most probably they will tell you the complete opposite things.
i took a mate to the one in ivanhoe when i was getting some rats and he enquired about a coastal... well apparentally they only grow to a meter and should only be fed mice until there about 2years old before this they cant digest a rats bones as there to big.
i almost fainted when he told me after we left the shop imagine if he actually brought it with these facts becuase he totally belived every word (not yet a herp person)

Why is this important? (Excuse my noobnes...)

ppl sell snakes sometimes due to lack of care, sickness, and fussy eating. which is why if its not a hatchy i would be asking why the person decided to sell them to the shop in the first place, unless they have been there since a hatchy, which again could have problems.

Why is this important? (Excuse my noobnes...)

because if someone sold a pair. they could be sick, the wrong sex or diseased. theres no real reason why someone would sell a pair capable of breeding. (generally)

you gotta check these things.

My girlfriend said the shop has had them for a year, so I guess they have been there since being hatchies. I asked her about feeding and she said she saw the little post it notes with dates, but didn't take much notice, not knowing what they were for.

So that begs my follow up question - if they have been there since they were babies, what could the possible problems be?

if you are really intrested go back to the shop and ask them all these questions.if you didnt take much notice of the feeding sheet they had, you dont sound too intrested, right? id be qustioning THEM why they have been there so long, ask them to get the one you are intrested in, out of the enclosure and so on.

if you are really intrested go back to the shop and ask them all these questions.if you didnt take much notice of the feeding sheet they had, you dont sound too intrested, right? id be qustioning THEM why they have been there so long, ask them to get the one you are intrested in, out of the enclosure and so on.

As I said in my first post, I wasn't in the shop at the time - so I'm only getting information from my girlfriend - who was there.

I'm trying to get all my facts together here, from knowledgeable people before going in myself and asking questions.

yes but ppl you are asking questions too cannot see the animal, nor differ for the shop. if its you that wants one, you should take the time in going in for a check yourself, i mean, say you were to go in, and they were in small enclosures, (not adequate for a yearling bredli to live in) , there subsrate,(flooring) was dirty, or just by looking at the area it lives in does not meet your standards, you could walk straight out. not seeing it in person is very hard to tell.
You said your gf went in but in an earlier post you said they showed you feeding notes. another quick hint is, as it is a pet shop, the feeding notes may not be completly correct. If there trying to sell them they wouldnt put down the animal has refused a feed, if you know what i mean? im not making assumptions but just go in for yourself and check it all out. you may be wasting your time to find out its not a decent buy afterall

Umm, I didn't say I went into the shop at all - I asked my girlfriend about the feeding notes.

In any case, I will be going in to see for myself. The point of this thread was mainly about the shop and if anyone had had experience with them. Also, I prefer to over-research a subject before doing anything, hence why I am asking questions here that maybe I should be asking the shop owner. That way I get a broad understanding of different opinions.

Why are you downing the pet shop? Just because they are some around that shouldn't be in business doesn't mean they are all the same.

If the pet shop has had them for 12 months obviously they must be doing something right. The snakes are still alive. Are their tanks nice and clean. Animals look clean, bright eyed, then they may very well be nothing wrong with them at all.

You say ppl here can't judge because they can't see the animals then why are you giving such negative judgement.

Just my opinion its possible the snakes are still there perhaps the shop has not advertised them, they are a bit more expensive than a breeder and bredli can be found in plentiful numbers. But I don't go much on price. If I like that one over a cheaper one, I will take the I want, not what someone else thinks.

Why are you downing the pet shop? Just because they are some around that shouldn't be in business doesn't mean they are all the same.

If the pet shop has had them for 12 months obviously they must be doing something right. The snakes are still alive. Are their tanks nice and clean. Animals look clean, bright eyed, then they may very well be nothing wrong with them at all.

You say ppl here can't judge because they can't see the animals then why are you giving such negative judgement.

I agree, Too many pet stores get a bad name that don't deserve it.

If the pet shop has had them for 12 months obviously they must be doing something right. The snakes are still alive.

Hey, that's a good point that didn't occur to me.

I'll be going in on Friday to have a look and ask some questions.

Thanks for the replies guys.

because its all4pets.?????

I agree, Too many pet stores get a bad name that don't deserve it.

name one that has a bad reputation that doesent deserve it?
there are a select few that are good and have a known reputation for being good. the bad ones just get all there buisiness from talking advantage of people who are not in the online and social herp community and are looking for there first snake. they later learn of there mistake and most of the people saying pet stores are rubbish are talking from experiance and not naming the exact ones due to site rules.

so go on... name one you think is good that has a bad reputation?

and to keep this on topic. expand your search further than one store. there are a few in melbourne you will quickly learn the select few that are good and will take care of you and the ones that will take you for a ride and feed you crap.

Well I can't name any. I live in NSW but I am sure there must be some there that are good and deserving of business. You would probably find smaller businesses that are family run would look after their animals, and their customers better than megastores that can barely afford to pay their staff let alone keep their door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back