Good or bad feedback for the vic expo what ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inlandtaipan078

Reaction score
This thread is designed to make the 2010 expo even better!
tell us what you enjoyed and what you didn't enjoy any info at all !!
Ideas
More off
Parking
Did you find the location ok?

Anything at all your feedback appreciated.

parking was fine for us

the vens were a great display :p

could have been more variety in animals available

Maybe push it forward/back? a few weeks so breeders can sell on the day?

Found the location quite easy

also good to have more space in the hall etc.

Cheers for all the effort put into it
I can imagine it would have taken a lot to get up & going.

Last edited:
Location was great, everyone was friendly, nice setup, only suggestion, definitely needed more breeders. I was on the hunt for a blonde mac, and unfortunately walked out empty handed!! Will be going next year for sure though :)..

Likes- Seeing species i haven't seen in the flesh before and catching up with people.
Dislike- The lack of a demonstrations (ie Crocs etc)
Ideas- Pushing the Expo back a month or two to allow breeders to sell animals that are feeding well.
More of- Private breeders and Display enclosures.
Parking- Parking was fine.
Did you find the location ok?- Location was fine also, i only made one wrong turn (thanks to my navigator) lol.

I'm looking forward to the 2010 Expo :)

promotion, promotion promotion.

The venue I thought was great but..

Promotion to get more private breeders taking up the opportunity.
Promotion to get more people through the door.
Promotion so that the sponsors get more value for their input.
Promotion to get more than just established herpers through the door.

Unfortunately I won't be going to another expo due to living in Brisbane but I'm glad I made the decision to come down for this one and take a little holiday while I was at it.

Liked being able to stop and chat to people about their animals they had out of their enclosures and loved the ven display.

It was a good sized area so you weren't crowded.

Ideas...maybe some scheduled talks/displays of the animals. Also, would be good to have more reptile type merchandise for sale, i.e jewellery, clothing, hats, mugs, etc. Not sure if there is a big market out there but it would be good to be able to purchase stuff like that.
More variety of animals would be good.

Parking seemed well organised but we caught a taxi out.

Location was easy to find and wasn't too far out of the city.

Likes I really enjoyed myself and so did the kids (loved having their picture taken with the reptiles)
Dislike I was after a bearded dragon for my son and could not find 1!!!
Ideas Would be hard but maybe if you knew of some breeders of different species to see if they would sell there?? Some sort of reptile show for people who are just starting out with reptiles to explain temperments of the different snakes, lizards etc... Involve the kids more, my kids love reptiles and they wanted to see more that they could pat and interact with... Maybe somewhere for people to bring in their reptiles to show off!!!
More off Breeder stalls
Parking Was great
Did you find the location ok? Location was great easy to find and easy to get around to see everything!!

Likes seeing the displays and pythons up close, the guys with the crocs were great
Dislike not enough sellers and reptiles for sale
Ideas more interactive displays
More off reptiles for sale, live shows
Parking OK
Did you find the location
yes

I spoke to a shop owner who didn't bring any reptiles to sell, as there was so many last year they didn't think it was worth it, they were surprised that there was so little for sale.

over all it was a good day,if theres more breeders there or not it doesnt matter,theres always going to be something someone wants missing,and no offence but blonde macs and beardies,u can get them anywhere,there like backsides,everyones got them,lol,i think its to selling oriented,improvements for me would be more displays,more talks ect,promote reptiles to the public,especially non reptile types

this years expo there was talk of not as many animals sold,i saw some bargains,but had no funds to purchase unfortunatly,so how can one expect more animals if less were being sold,maybe some more people should get stalls instead of the same old sellers,just mt 2 cents

Dislike:
Ideas: More invertebrates
More off: Invertebrates! More scorpions and spiders.
Parking: Perfect
Did you find the location ok? Yes, very easy (but i live in the area)

Three cheers for the organisers of this expo :) ( I think I already said that somewhere before)

What I saw of the show (we had a stall and couldn't leave for long.) the general atmosphere was pleasant and friendly and I got to talk with a few people I have long admired. I found a book I couldn't live without :)

There's room for improvement with the catering arrangement :(

Toilets were a long trek when you're in a hurry

Parking & finding the location was not a worry for me as someone else did that

My crew were non-reptile people and after being at the expo 3 of them are very interested in keeping snakes now. I did spend a fair bit of time explaining which animal would be best for them and the set up needed.

#1.idea....Perhaps 3 or 4 ushers for non reptile people showing them where they can see a jungle python for example they could take the interested person on a tour .. it's ok for us that already know...we can find what we are looking for. eg. I know Mike Swan sells books and Brian Barnett sells heat cord.
I hope to be back next year it was a great day and thanks for putting it on
Cheers
Sandee :)

need vens for sale i personaly think.

like how hard would it be to offer reduced fee's to those selling select groups of reptiles such as just geckos or just vens and give them a smaller stand such as just one table and allow the sharing of tables. this would encourage far more breeders instead of having well over half the room being popular accessories companys who dont understand the meaning of show special.

Thanks everyone for the constructive feedback. It's good to hear peoples thoughts, the VHS does listen to them. We all agree that we would love to see more private breeders in 2010. On the subject of venomous animals, it was a HUGE step forward to have them on display this year. Mike did a great job displaying them & proving it can be done in a safe way.

One thing that would really help for future expos in our opinions... volunteers.

The VHS had only 3 people that helped on the day that don't already have a role in the society.

I personally first put my hand up to help before last years expo, 12 months later I can say the people involved in this society are top blokes. They are very welcoming to people wishing to help out & of co**** its great to have someone new to talk herp with!! So you should consider it.

Thanks again for the feedback, keep your eye on www.vhs.com.au the 2009 Vic Reptile Expo You Tube clip will be there very soon!!

Cheers,
Andrew

no offence but blonde macs and beardies,u can get them anywhere,there like backsides,everyones got them,lol
.......if you could find me some blonde macs in victoria for a decent price i'd be very grateful :)

Likes , Bigger Venue-could actually move around this year, Liked having the vens there (pity i didnt get enough time to actually have a good look)

Dislike , not enough variety, not enough private breeders

Ideas, more advertising- like putting it in the Whats Happening in the herald sun-works a treat, giving a list to customers when they walk in of who is there & where they are located in the venue (and poss what they may be selling)

More of, variety would be nice, invertes would be nice too

Parking, got there early to finish set up-so it was okay

Did you find the location ok? onlu coz i wasnt driving

Venomous reptiles can always be done in a safe manner, just have to look for responsible people to do them, from the feedback I have heard (didnt go personally...to many other shows on that weekend) there was no demonstrations....there was an ad in Melbournes child magazine, yet no shows to encourage children and families in that are not already part of the reptile scene.

There is more than one company in VIC who display vens, VHS "used" our services two years ago, (no vens then) for shows which were successful.......

there was one setup that did a demonstration with the small crocs, my son (12) thought it was the best part of the expo, there were many little kids in front of us that were very excited to be able to touch them, this is the kind of thing that there should be more of as the kids (and adults) love it.

yeah,an expo is more about buying and selling,thats part is great but its a day to promote our hobby,imagine if there were more demos,reptile talks ect,i know its hard to set that up,but thats the only negative i could think of,as long as theres reptiles there or reptile related stuff im happy,i think the time of year is fine to,i look forward to 2010s expo

Thanks everyone for the constructive feedback. It's good to hear peoples thoughts, the VHS does listen to them. We all agree that we would love to see more private breeders in 2010. On the subject of venomous animals, it was a HUGE step forward to have them on display this year. Mike did a great job displaying them & proving it can be done in a safe way.

One thing that would really help for future expos in our opinions... volunteers.

The VHS had only 3 people that helped on the day that don't already have a role in the society.

I personally first put my hand up to help before last years expo, 12 months later I can say the people involved in this society are top blokes. They are very welcoming to people wishing to help out & of co**** its great to have someone new to talk herp with!! So you should consider it.

Thanks again for the feedback, keep your eye on www.vhs.com.au the 2009 Vic Reptile Expo You Tube clip will be there very soon!!

Cheers,
Andrew

Thanks for this Andrew! I had an absolute ball being there again to help out - was good Friday, setting up Reptiles Aus for Alex and Caroline until the arrived, they were most grateful!
I'll be back again next year (sorry folks, but you ain't seen the back of me yet!) in a volunteering role - it's just a very small way I can show my appreciation to you, the members of VHS and Simon and Brian.
Only 358ish more sleeps!
Well done to all, no complaints here!
Best,
Carolyn

Considering there are alot of people who go to reptile expo's that are only just getting into the hobby or are tagging along with a super keen friend or relative, there needs to be alot of emphasis on promoting it. Educational Demos where people can learn and interact with the animals are fantastic for inspiring new talent among the reptile community and i personally feel that they are very important for promoting the conservation and responsible ownership of Australias wonderful herpetofauna. It also attracts more people who hopefully while visiting the demo will be inspired to purchase some of the stock on offer at the expo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back