Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptilianGuy

Reaction score
watching bondi vet and they have a dog thats been bit by a red-bellie..... of course the owner killed it... and took it in to the vets to show what it was.... hope he is getting fined

I don't think you can blame the guy though, it was the wrong thing to do yes but really, majority of people their pets mean the absolute world to them, in the heat of the moment and for someone who isnt savvy with identifying reptiles they are going want to do all they can to make sure their pet will be ok.

yeah i know.... but still. the dog was savable with anti ven, what about the poor snake, no anti-shovel... i never whatch those shows for the fact it shows what people can do to animals, like the poor hit and run dog.. the least they could've done for the snake was some educating rather than scaring, thats my main prob with it. they always show the bad about snakes, never the good

well my dog has been through this and my dad killed the snake (it had bite marks all through it and wasnt going to live anyway) [Flame shield on]

and we only killed it because the dog was still playing and getting bitten by the RBBS.
we were 45 minutes from the vet as we were at our camp spot we owned, and my dog luckily survived even though she got bit 13 times!

people in situations over react its called panicing its not like he went on a killing spree of all snakes, if your snake was out on the lawn and a bird started attacking him would you not try to do anything to save your snake, it works both ways

bondi vet...

that bloke's alright, he gave a bulldog new nads the other day!:D

if your snake was out on the lawn and a bird started attacking him would you not try to do anything to save your snake, it works both ways

Indeed. If a kookaburra so much as looked at one of my little scaled friends I'd fly-kick it in the face. :)

It is legal to kill a snake if your in a deadly situation,or to protect yourself.Alot of ppl that no nothing about snakes usually kill any snake that goes near them,if only more ppl were educated about reptiles,their will be not as many reptile falities...

if your snake was out on the lawn and a bird started attacking him would you not try to do anything to save your snake, it works both ways[/quote]

good point but no, i would remove my snake and tend to it's injuries, leave the bird as thats waisting precious time to save my snake.... same if it was a snake that bit my dog, bugger the snake. help dog first, look for snake and admire later :lol:.

like said.... awarness woulda been better than "bad snake" "kill snake" treatment.

I thought the snake was mauled to death by the dog before the owner went outside.

It is legal to kill a snake if your in a deadly situation,or to protect yourself.Alot of ppl that no nothing about snakes usually kill any snake that goes near them,if only more ppl were educated about reptiles,their will be not as many reptile falities...

exactly!!!! not 1 snake i've come across has put me in a deadly situation... and when i was a snake killer, it was my veiw on them and lack of understanding and awarness that made them appear as a threat and danger.. again, it comes down to public education and awarness!..

yea it sorta works both ways,
i wonder if there is a site for mites which people go off at us for killing there mites...

Indeed. If a kookaburra so much as looked at one of my little scaled friends I'd fly-kick it in the face. :)

Funny you should say that as one of my coastals got hit by a kookaburra today pore boy hes got a small hole in his neck :(

Yea, they said "The redbelly attacked the dog"
lol

The amazing thing about Australia is that its inhabitants live with some of the deadliest snake species in the world...many of which are found in domestic situations. Whilst that alone isn't amazing, I am dumbfounded by the lack of knowledge people have in regards to them. Surely every Australian should be taught what to do in the event of a snake-bite and that they are protected, that it isn't necessary for people to put themselves in a potentially dangerous situation to bring a dead snake in to have it identified by a vet, nurse or doctor :? Snakes in this country should be treated equally to that of water safety. It's common sense!...surely???

the guy i worked with was developing some photos on sunday, he came over laughing and brandishing the photos at me saying thats one lizard that didnt make it, the photo was of a big *** old tree monitor (cant remember the name properly) it was bigger than the spade that killed it, i spun round and said why did they do that, no ryme or reason but he thought it was funny it was dead, i thought it was sickening, i basically told him i wasnt happy and to not let the customer near me, luckily i was on lunch when they picked up thier photos.

not that this has much to do with the thread but i wanted to vent as this seemed like a good thread to do it in.

They did say the dog killed it but I find it hard to believe as that dog was a friggin sook, it yelped at the sight of a needle imagine what it did once bittin, I personally thought it was an ugly mutt and was hoping they couldnt get the anti-venom in and it passed away!! Hows that scum that stole that dogs leash then to top it off it gets a hit n run the poor thing :( that made my mum cry!!

They did say the dog killed it but I find it hard to believe as that dog was a friggin sook, it yelped at the sight of a needle imagine what it did once bittin, I personally thought it was an ugly mutt and was hoping they couldnt get the anti-venom in and it passed away!! Hows that scum that stole that dogs leash then to top it off it gets a hit n run the poor thing :( that made my mum cry!!

A dog is fearless in there own backyard I have a bullmastiff x ridge back and he will bite and go off at anyone that enters in our yard but when taken to the vet hes a sook and is **** scared of the vet and terrified of a needle

That's pritty horrible that you would say something like that If it was your dog would you just let it die???

Yes I hope the scum that stole that lead gets whats coming to him. What is wrong with some people

Lewy

Once again the media are playing it up....they said the dog was "attacked" by the snake...instead of saying the dog attacked the snake and was bitten by the snake trying to defend itself!

Where do you find RBBS near Bondi!

most people, (as we know) wouldn't know a python from a pin hole, so to save her dog, the vet had to know what snake it was (the owner would assume this) and taken it in. Don't agree but there it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back