Gidgee bubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason, the member i responded to is in the USA. australian skink species, in particular the Egernia family can fetch quite a pricetag over seas.

hosmer arent as expensive enough here to point out a poor mans option. lol. its a $100 difference.

It was a joke, I was just geeing up Jordo... but seriously, it about a $200 difference ;)

It was a joke, I was just geeing up Jordo... but seriously, it about a $200 difference ;)

um.

hatchy cunni $100. Gidgee $150-200 and hosmer are $200 (ive been offered $100-200) this and last season. and i just recently bought yearlin sexed pair of cunninghams for $200.

so from what ive been 'quoted' (for lack of a better word) the price difference is $100 ea. although some people do keep there prices high (and really, they probably should in order to benefit the reptile community)

of course yearling and breeding pairs are more. $600 Gidgee pairs. $700 hosmers pairs.

i know youve said to others you expect hosmer to be $250+ tho for hatchies this season. but i havent seen it. reptile priced are on the decrease.

in the US (which is what the comment was about, NOT Aus prices) the prices are considerably higher $600-1,000+ ea. for some Egernia i beleive. i could double check that!

Last time I looked, Cunninhams were pretty much free.... I could easily sell new born Hosmers for $400ea, though locales do come into play. Egernias don't hatch ;)

hosmers dont have a vast locale?pretty much all the same lookin,bar for the albinos adelaide zoo has bred,lol,juvie hosmers seem to average around 250 from what ive seen of folk breeding them,gidgies 200 from same breeders,ive seen em in pet shops in vic for 139 for juvies though,so prices vary,end of the day there all cool

nice one mate! mine are smashing down small roaches, they have quite an appetite. they were eating greens on the second day out. have you noticed any difference in tail shape between the bubs? has your female started eating properly again yet? mine is carrying on like she has never been fed before, i think she is fatter now then when she was full of babies.
Glad to hear yours are going strong, yeah the mums a pig now. A few of the bubs have eaten some fruit and roaches, but I'm still yet to make sure each individual has had something, that's tomorrows job.
Their tails are a little different in length but not enough to accurately use for sexing.

There not that pricey, c'mon, there a poor man's Hosmers ;) LOL, Nah Jordo, well done mate, all the spiny Egernias are great to keep and pretty much bullet proof. A lizard collection isn't a collection without one of the crevice pineapples...
:lol: too right Jason, and thanks for the advice on cooling temps last year from you and Geckodan - it paid off.

re Gidgee

There not that pricey, c'mon, there a poor man's Hosmers ;) LOL, Nah Jordo, well done mate, all the spiny Egernias are great to keep and pretty much bullet proof. A lizard collection isn't a collection without one of the crevice pineapples...

crevice pineapples LMAO! Well done jordo they are little rippers!

did u cool them right down jordo,as u would with stumpys?

I basically turned them off for a few months and gave them a few warm days every couple of weeks. Haven't really had to cool a semi-arid zone lizard before so I was a bit nervous and kept a close eye on their health but they're pretty hardy and with a decent fat reserve in the tail they didn't seem fussed at all.

Nice Skinks Jordan. Went looking for tigers again today with dave and a bloke from uni... No luck. We need to go out and find some wild gidgees soon.

Hope they do well.

Nice Skinks Jordan. Went looking for tigers again today with dave and a bloke from uni... No luck. We need to go out and find some wild gidgees soon.

Hope they do well.

That's why I wanted to go to Broken Hill instead of Mildura! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back