show us your olives

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pythons73,-
They all seem to turn pure white around 4 yrs of age.
The gravid female was a couple of weeks off pre-lay shed if i remeber correctly.

southwazza,-
Yes they truely are a site to behold in the flesh especially once they turn pure white,(around 3-4 yrs of age). Pics just dont do them justice at all, makes them look quite plain and ordinary infact.
The female being mated in the first pic, (the white one), was 3 1/2 yrs old in that pic, it was her second clutch. The male is the yellow one he was only 2 1/2yrs old at the time.

here's a couple of my girl, she's just turned 1 recently and is about 1.25m long, she's got the best nature of all our snakes and is my little princess and I think she knows it to.

Picture005.jpg

Picture012.jpg

nice pics trigger, god thats bout the same age as my little one but mines still like a hatchie, she had some feeding drama's starting out

lol, I think everyone who has the room should have an olive :D im contemplating in getting a second. Mine deffianatly lives to the reputation of been a gentle giant. I'm probably pushing my luck as one day she will get me but currently she is the only snake i trust in handling with the scent of rats on my hands from feeding the others ( she's the only one i pull out to feed) she smells my hands and proceeds to search my hand for the rat.

The olive's really are an impressive snake. Something else that impresses me is that you could get those photos of them. Maybe it's because mine are still young but when I've tried to take a picture I can never get one.

all of my pics are a fews years old now.....I put a few olive bite shots in too for those who love the "gentle giant" tag ;)

Attachments

• Prada.jpg
    Prada.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 147
That must have bled ;):shock: !! Nice tag lol must have hurt a lot...

Viaff I can take 100 photos and only get 6 or so that might be worth keeping. I have the odd really nice photo but they still are a minority compared to blurry, over-exposed, dark and just crappy photos. My snakes do tend to stop a fair bit while outside so thats when I sneak in for the snaps, run around in front of them gets them to stop, sometimes too.

There are some beautiful snakes here. Actually I don't think there are any that aren't gorgeous.

yeah its lucky we live in the age of digital photography as i'd hate to be paying for picture developments all the time, its not uncommon for me to take heaps of pics but only to keep 1 or 2. Sometimes you think a pic will turn out great and its crap but other times you think its a wasted shot but turns out nicely

i have two olivesw a 6 foot male who i have only recently got and a 15 year old 13 foot female who weighs about 15 kg give or take

Thats awesome that you let your snake roam around the house... when my Olive gets big enough i plan to do the same thing hehe!

Thats awesome that you let your snake roam around the house... when my Olive gets big enough i plan to do the same thing hehe!
l know its awesome that l let my 2 adult Olive python's roam around my house 24 hours a day 7 days a week, l started to let them roam freely when they got to 5 foot long, they would climb up my curtain or blinds and rest on top of the curtain rod, and they would climb all over my furniture in the loungroom and dinningroom, my 12 foot long female Olive Python would each night come into my dinningroom, and climb onto the chairs around the dinning table, and she would spend anywhere from 2 to 8 hours stretched out on 2 dinning table chair.
As you can see in the photo's l have posted on here, they know where there enclosure his, when they want to get back into there enclosure, they climb up the side of the 2 small enclosures, and they will either go into the hidebox sitting on top of the 2 small enclosures, or go straight up into there own enclosure, where you see the door on the top right side of there enclosure.

Last edited:
Olives are absolutely georgues.. id love to have ones that just roam around my place (my sisters would never come home) :D

Sorry i know they arn't great pics but my camera was broken soon after so i never got to take any more. first is the pair getting cuddly in their new home and the second is my female sussing out ...well everything ...as she does.
Im not sure exactly how old they are but 7 years give or take? shes 9 ft hes almost 12ft.
They arrived a few days earlier than planned so they got to roam the house while the enclosure was being finished and I didnt have any problems other than the female thinking shes alot smaller than she is and trying to climb onto light fittings.

Attachments

• 1GetAttachment.jpg
    1GetAttachment.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2568.JPG
    IMG_2568.JPG
    155.2 KB · Views: 79
having free roaming snakes is a cool idea but i dont think id like to find any surprises around the place, particularly on the carpet lol

having free roaming snakes is a cool idea but i dont think id like to find any surprises around the place, particularly on the carpet lol

l agree with you that its cool having Snakes roaming the house, but the sad thing is when they decide to go to the toilet on my floor, l spent alot of my money and free time keeping my carpet clean, in return for letting them roam the house free, thats the way they thank me for letting them out, if you can show me how to toilet train my pair of Olive Python's please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back