Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are more common than you would think Saratoga. You get lots more as you move to the south.

yea it sorta works both ways,
i wonder if there is a site for mites which people go off at us for killing there mites...

"Aussie Mites and Ticks" :lol:

They probably start a new thread every time one of us treats a snake for mites, senselessly murdering thousands of mites instead of capturing and relocating them one by one.

That's pritty horrible that you would say something like that If it was your dog would you just let it die???
LOL No if it was my dog I wouldnt let it die and I wouldnt have killed the snake either, Im just a cold bugger and hated that ugly sheep lookin mutt Im more of a mastiff man like yourself, I dont really like these poofy lookin mungrel wannabe dogs!!

I find it hard to believe that that dog did the damage to the RBB, it was mangled! Looked like shovel damage to me!

And all it would have taken from the vet is 1min to step back and advise all who where watching that its NOT a good idea to try to kill or catch snakes, its also illegal and i woulda been happy. But all they did is hold up a mangled RBB as a trophy. I was disgusted.

Someone needs to start educating the general public.

most people, (as we know) wouldn't know a python from a pin hole, so to save her dog, the vet had to know what snake it was (the owner would assume this) and taken it in. Don't agree but there it is.

they swab the site.... very easy.... i was bit by a northern death adder and the hospital wouldn't believe me, took 5 mins to swab it and get the result i told them they would.... my family were dumb enough to take it with them to the hospitals when i told them to leave it in it's bag and in the esky where the kids couldn't get it....

on a plus note, i had a RBBS in a cemetary at work today and it proved a point to the sceptics i work with..... it was in the grave next to the 1 we had to work on (most likely, or moving from it when we got there) and was moving to another hiding place.... by the time i noticed it was near us it was already heading into it's new hidy hole under a grave just down from us....
the guy i was with jumped up on the graves and grabbed a shovel cos we both heard it and he knew what it was when i walked past him towards the noise... was a beautiful 1.5m RBBS, point proven was they wont charge after and start attacking like he thought (he's46) and what i keep telling them was right, they will move away from you and not bother you, infact you could have them 2m away and you wouldn't know most times.... this was one 3m and we never heard it till it was nealy gone....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back