Dog mauled my cat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make her next puppy convieniently 'dissapear' and so on and so on. At least at the rspca it has a chance to grow up to not be labeled as a dangerous dog then..

If it was my animal that got killed, I'd be putting both the owner & dog down....................................
If my wife got to me first, then the dog would be put down and the owner taken to court, would'nt care what it cost me to tell you the truth !!!
Life would never be the same for the dogs owner.
My dog for example, is a very much loved member of our family, god help any animal or human that delibertly hurt her - I kid you not.
Just me 2 cents worth.
So sorry for your loss.
Aleks.

The cat is too old fat and lazy to jump fences, thats why he wasnt quick enough to get away....Wouldnt matter even if he was walking on the fence, etc....The fact is, the dog came in to OUR yard and killed the cat.

Indeed. If my child teases you from over my fence, or even teases you from inside your own yard, you still don't have the right to jump the fence and kill it.

Same for anything, be it a child, a cat, a dog or an especially athletic axalotl. Two wrongs do not make a right.

im sorry for your loss and all i can say is that some of the people on this side need a swift kick in their privates, how the hell can you say crap like that when bugsy has just lost a cat hes owned for a long time. Once again sorry for your loss and if people are just going to make stupid remarks about the situation save your time your just making yourself look like heartless morons.

Im not heartless, it is a sad thing. But the story always get blown out of proportion as soon as pitbull is uttered.
As pet owners we all have our hearts broken time to time.

sorry to hear about your cat. Its unfortunate that there are so many irresponsible owners out there.

i am well aware of that. but to say rude comments isnt going to help at all is it? in my opinion people should have to have licencing for all animals not just reptiles, that way there wouldnt be as many people with impluse buy animals that dont take care of them and that let these kind of situations occur

Yer i heaps wanted my cat to get mauled to death...***???? We put things up against the fence...Put new nails in, etc, etc....We were the only ones who made an effort to fix the fence, that HER dog had caused damage to....We were constantly putting things against the fence, putting new pailings up, whatever we could do to try and stop him getting back in. Cant believe you would even say that? Here i am upset bout my cat, and obviously very angry as you should be able to tell from this thread...And your accusing me of trying to prove a point at the expense of my cat???? Dude, thats messed up.

not as messed up as this! http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ockham/stories/s64308.htm

Cats are a problem. Cats share with mankind the dubious distinction of killing for fun. Cats hunt by instinct. In Australia, cats are known to feed on more than 347 native species: that's 186 species of birds, 64 mammals, 86 reptiles, at least 10 amphibians and numerous invertebrates. We know that feral cats are a problem but there is little point in targeting feral cats and leaving domestic cats uncontrolled. A domestic cat will hunt and kill no matter how well fed it is. One study estimated that on average each pet cat kills 32 vertebrates each year. It is estimated that there are 3-million pet cats in Australia. This adds up to a total of 96-million birds, mammals and reptiles killed each year by domestic cats alone.

i am well aware of that. but to say rude comments isnt going to help at all is it? in my opinion people should have to have licencing for all animals not just reptiles, that way there wouldnt be as many people with impluse buy animals that dont take care of them and that let these kind of situations occur

Licencing is just for revenue. I agree with what your saying but it would be impossible to police imo

Havnt read all the posts, so apologise if it has been brought up already, but I was under the impresion that dangerous dogs like pitbulls had to have higher security fences or large dog runs(cages) to be able to be kept as a pet. This may just be a VIC thing, or it may not be true at all. For some reason, I thought this to be the case however,

Sorry about the cat.. My cat was used as a tug of war a couple of months ago by two stray dogs who enterred the yard unanounced. Not a good way to go! I'm only thankful my 5yr old or 2yr old werent out their at the time. Who knows what may have happened!!

not as messed up as this! http://www.abc.net.au/rn/science/ockham/stories/s64308.htm

Cats are a problem. Cats share with mankind the dubious distinction of killing for fun. Cats hunt by instinct. In Australia, cats are known to feed on more than 347 native species: that's 186 species of birds, 64 mammals, 86 reptiles, at least 10 amphibians and numerous invertebrates. We know that feral cats are a problem but there is little point in targeting feral cats and leaving domestic cats uncontrolled. A domestic cat will hunt and kill no matter how well fed it is. One study estimated that on average each pet cat kills 32 vertebrates each year. It is estimated that there are 3-million pet cats in Australia. This adds up to a total of 96-million birds, mammals and reptiles killed each year by domestic cats alone.

You've proved your point, cats kill natives...We all know that already, you aint teachin nobody nothing, just making yourself look heartless....I would agree and say "stupid cat" if it had been trying to catch a brown snake or something and got bitten...But he was sunbaking, fast asleep, in his own yard, when the dog came and attacked him...Get off your high horse and see the big picture, we all know cats kill natives....Doesnt mean it doesnt completely suck when you find out your very expensive, family pet had just been mauled to death. I left school for a reason, i dont need people like you trying to teach me things i already know. I started this thread cause i want to find out if there is anything else i can do as this lady never seems to learn she should take better precautions when owning an animal such as a pitbull, not putting pitty's down, they can be lovely dogs...But anyone who owns one would know to be very careful when other animals are around, and to always have them fenced securely when they aren't on a lead.

You've proved your point, cats kill natives...We all know that already, you aint (aren't) teachin (teaching) nobody nothing (anybody anything?), just making yourself look heartless....I would agree and say "stupid cat" if it had been trying to catch a brown snake or something and got bitten...But he was sunbaking, fast asleep, in his own yard, when the dog came and attacked him...Get off your high horse and see the big picture, we all know cats kill natives....Doesnt (Doesn't) mean it doesnt (doesn't) completely suck when you find out your very expensive, family pet had just been mauled to death. I left school for a reason, i (I) dont (don't) need people like you trying to teach me things i (I)already know. I started this thread cause i (I) want to find out if there is anything else i (I) can do as this lady never seems to learn(.) (S)she should take better precautions when owning an animal such as a pitbull, not putting pitty's down, they can be lovely dogs...But anyone who owns one would know to be very careful when other animals are around, and to always have them fenced securely when they aren't on a lead.

So sue me for hating cats and wanting reptiles and native birds to survive... I have no heart for cats ;)

well why bother wasting your time reading about them if you hate them so much?!
There is certainly no need to come into this thread with your heartless stupid coments when Bugsy has just lost his cat!!
I am not a big lover of cats either , but wish no harm to any animal!,.
Have some dam respect!!

Some people on this site are so heartless!!,. I hope nothing ever happens to any of your pets!

Bugsy try to ignore this twats comments!! he obviously has no respect what so ever!!

My tabby cat which i rescued from the tip half dead, had it desexed etc and he lived in a massive avairy for years well spoilt, (And im severely alergic to cats) We got new neighbours who got the bolt cutters and got the cat out, ruining alot of moneys worth of wire, as i didnt use cheap nasty chookwire n stuff.
I found my cat splat on the road...
I guess some people think cats are supposed to be free to wander the world...
Bet it made them feel bad when i went to their doorstep all teary like with my pancake of a cat.

I cant remember the moral of my story... Hahahahaha

I started this thread cause i want to find out if there is anything else i can do as this lady never seems to learn she should take better precautions when owning an animal

I think this point has been missed by most of the posters.......
If you dont mind having bad blood between you and your neighbour (although i guess its already come to that) small claims court maybe? Did the police make a report, because you would need that, and maybe proof that you have been fixing the fence constantly as well of pics where the dog broke through and of what it done to the cat.

Might make her think twice if it hits her pocket!

Good Lord get over it - there is always one person who ends up talking about how much they hate cats.. Nobody cares! Especially when the thread is about a person's cat being killed. Have a heart mate.

My mate's dog is an outside dog and his garden is LITTERED with birds and blue tongues... Everybody turns a blind eye to outside dogs killing thing but the moment a cat is mentioned 90% of this site go on and on about how cats are the devil's spawn. We get it. Give it a rest.

Bugs, mate, sorry to hear about your cat.. Doesn't matter if it was a cat, dog, kangaroo, croc, guinea ig or whatever - it's always sad to lose a pet.

It annoys me when I hear of dog attacks, especially from Pitbulls, Staffies etc, these are pretty much my favourite dogs, and sadly, they often end up in the wrong hands, and in the end they end up attacking people and other animals!

I agree, someone put the woman down!!!!!

Sorry for your loss Bugsy :(

And Snowman, PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS TO YOURSELF.

Very sorry for your loss Bugs, that's awful :( Hopefully Karma will triumph in the end and teach that irresponsible neighbour of yours a lesson!

Good Lord get over it - there is always one person who ends up talking about how much they hate cats.. Nobody cares! Especially when the thread is about a person's cat being killed. Have a heart mate.

My mate's dog is an outside dog and his garden is LITTERED with birds and blue tongues... Everybody turns a blind eye to outside dogs killing thing but the moment a cat is mentioned 90% of this site go on and on about how cats are the devil's spawn. We get it. Give it a rest.

Bugs, mate, sorry to hear about your cat.. Doesn't matter if it was a cat, dog, kangaroo, croc, guinea ig or whatever - it's always sad to lose a pet.

This post sums it up for me. Very well said and true.

Sorry to hear about your cat, not nice at all.

My dogs kill things, so does my cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back