spiny tailed monitor's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bredli-sli

Reaction score
hey guys

im looking for some info on spiny tailed monitor
im from SA
whats a fair good place to go? and how much is a good price

?

any other info would be great :D

thanks guys

Reptile City was pretty good to deal with down your way. They may still have some WA Sandfire ackies for around $200 odd each.

yeah i rang them guys there good, i have a bredli that i gott from scales and tails that guys good but he thinks he knows it all. any way reptile city said 250? i wona breed them how bigg of a viv would i need? and i wonna buy them as hattchies how do i tell a male from a female?

thanks guys!

Ok they must of upped the price I brought a few last year off them for $190ea. Anyway you wont be able to tell their sex till they are much older. I keep mine in a 4ft by 2ft by 2ft cage.

I have been told its nearly impossible to tell male/females as hatchies so best to buy 3 and hope for the best.

I have 3 babies in a 4ft viv, (they were fine in a 3ft but i moved them just a few weeks ago into the larger one) and i also keep a pair of adults in a seperate 4ft also.

Anywhere between $200 - $300 is reasonable for them imo.

I have only been keeping them myself for a short period of time so still learning myself.

However soon i will be making them a much larger enclosure.

ohkay,
well im building a tank at school , 4ft long 62ft deep and 2ft high
would that be bigg enough to breed them in?
you can gett them probed or exrayed cant you?

ifs its 62 ft deep sure! LOL....you mean 6.2 aye LOL! should be big enough!

URS had some for under 200... i got some nice ackies from there once before, there in s.a so u dont have to worry about import permits :)

i got mine from reptile city the guys there a pretty good at picking you a male and female get it right most of the time. i keep mine in a 4x2x2.. they go for 250 down there probs got some left the got some really nice sandfires there ones with more yellow in them there ( got me 2 ).. i plan on breeding mine also..

when there old easy to sex can get xrays but not till there older..

or try urs they gots soem going for like 180 and the guys at reptile centa were selling some for 150... have a look round..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back