Earthquake just then

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the shed feeding the rats (has a solid concrete floor) and i didnt feel a thing, mum comes rushing down....did you feel that? i thought she was a crazy lady until my brother said that it made his chair rock and dad said his room was shaking lol.

Wish i had felt it :p

We didn't feel a thing up in the mountains. I'm rather glad of it, I grew up with 'quakes, and moved to this country in part to get away from the ground trying to kill me :D :D 4.7 is not too shabby for somewhere as geologically inert as Australia.

hmm didn't notice a thing...
mind you I'm too busy in my own little world 99.999% of the time :p

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,25205709-661,00.html

VICTORIANS have been struck by another earth tremor about 4.30pm today, with reports from Coldstream to South Gippsland.

It has been felt in Broadford, Coldstream, Caulfield, West Heidelberg, Heathmont, Richmond, North Sunshine, Cheltenham, Keysborough, South Gippsland and Patterson Lakes

A Leongatha resident "Chris" told the Herald Sun, his office building shook and the lights went off.

The end of the world is nigh!! :lol: :p

quick, everyone think of your precious reptiles, send them up to me in safe qld :)

but seriously, that's all Victoria needs now isn't it!!! hopefully these tremors are not a sign of something more significant to come .

Yes we got it in Geelong again. I was sitting in exactly the same spot as the last one. I think I need to get off the couch more often!!!!

Something interesting I have been following for the last 14yrs now, are the fault lines and the most unstable tectonic plate movements around the world. This pic shows the biggest fault lines, being the red lines (the biggest in the world happens to be the one there that runs from indonesia, down around the top of Australia, down our east coast and down to N.Z to the ring of fire) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire an interesting read in itself.

Scientists have predicted for years now that the tremors that we get along the east coast that have been happening for years have the ability to break the east coast of Australia off! ...at one stage some crazy scientists (or maybe not so crazy) were warning people to move as far inland as far away and clear of the great divide, as the plates run on the west side of the divide, and its there that it is the weakest point..(run for the hills people..or over and far away from the hills...hehehe..kidding..well maybe not..:shock:) Make of it what you like people..not posting to scar you, merely to inform you, not much we can do about it anyway, if it happens it happens.

Attachments

• quakemapbw.jpg
    quakemapbw.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 123
oops for got this one that shows the 3 plates the collide near australia, they are the faint white lines, there is the thick one that runs down our east coast.

Attachments

• Aust plates 3.jpg
    Aust plates 3.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back