interstate herp expo rules

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

levis04

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Wat are the rules regarding private breeders bringing thier stuff to an expo and selling it?
Is it allowed for interstate breeders to bring over thier stuff?
If so who do ya contact? ?The expo organisers? Or Nat pks?

hey, im not completly sure but you can get a license to sell your reptiles interstate. you have to print out the form from your states wildlife site in regards to selling.
In NSW you can get a licens to sell for up to a up month and that allows you to sell interstate.
Not sure if its in regards to a professionally organised expo but you can always call and check

yeah i know all about imports and exports but i was wondering to bring a heap of things to an expo for a stall or something along them lines. how does it work? do snake ranch and other breeders have stalls with thier animals?

This year at Melbourne Snake Ranch had display animals only but was happy to sell animals which could be exported from NSW in the future. NSW authorities are the sticking point with Victorian Authorities happy to allow interstate sales.

cheers warwick. how do all the big interstate private breeders go with the display animals? were they allowed to bring some over then sell from them?

Hi Ryan,
From memory all the sellers at last years Wild Expo at Casle Hill (NSW) were from within NSW. You are posing an interesting question and I dont know if the current legislation has taken this issue into account.

Of course with this hobby now being mainstream ease of transport across state borders for selling at Expos needs to be in place. While our herps are originally native wildlife the fact that captive herps are fast becoming domestic animals should also be taken into consideration with an easing of legislation for some common herps, in the same way a domestic budgie doesnt not need licencing and can be taken across state borders.

Perhaps you should ask DEC (Dept of Conservation) a regular visitor on these forums (which is NSW Parks and Wildlife).

I'm sure others would be interested in the response

cheers Bob. any body else know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back