Is this enclosure good?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a yearling at least then you can have an impression on how the snake develops (i.e. habits / personality) and it is the right size for the enclosure

or

Get a little hatchy and a rubber maid container + a heat cord;

You can put a hatchling snake in there no problems. Sure it will hide in a little hide but hey why would you want it to do what it does naturally?

As far as I have gathered there have been no studies done to show that a python stresses out in a larger enclosure. You will find keeping them in a larger cage is beneficial not only because it seems to increase muscle tone (only going off my personal experiance) but they seem more 'lively.' Obviously larger breeders keep hatchlings in small plastic tupperwares but that is purely for conveniance and low cost.

EDIT: I keep hatchies in tubs only for conveniance but i do use larger tubs (ie 10L at the least)

hey u can still put ur hatchy in a tub container and put it in ur enclosure.... dats what i've done wif mine...

$700-$800... dats just daylight robbery...

all you need is a thermostat, which is bout $80-$90, a heat light and fitting and a thermometer.... all the decorations for the enclosure can come later ;-) maximum bout $200

good luck and make sure u post pics up wen u get ur new baby....

You can put a hatchling snake in there no problems. Sure it will hide in a little hide but hey why would you want it to do what it does naturally?

As far as I have gathered there have been no studies done to show that a python stresses out in a larger enclosure. You will find keeping them in a larger cage is beneficial not only because it seems to increase muscle tone (only going off my personal experiance) but they seem more 'lively.' Obviously larger breeders keep hatchlings in small plastic tupperwares but that is purely for conveniance and low cost.

EDIT: I keep hatchies in tubs only for conveniance but i do use larger tubs (ie 10L at the least)
i actually agree with this. sorry to get off the topic, but someone should start a thread on this.

i actually agree with this. sorry to get off the topic, but someone should start a thread on this.

That's okay. If I do get a hatchie or younger snake, I'll see how it fares in the new environment. If there's any blatantly obvious stress I'll see about putting it in a smaller environment.

Spot on

$150- thermostat
$30- heatmat or $20 for infared heating globe
$20- bag of aspen shards
$15 - water bowl
$10- feeding tongs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back