Macherps 2009 Reptile Show

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pbolomey

Reaction score
ANNUAL REPTILE SHOW
Sunday 29th March 2009

GENERAL ENTRY FEE
Adults $10
Kids $5 under 12
Familes $25 (2 Adults & 3 Kids)

During the day Hot Food and beverages will be available for purchase.

Reptiles for sale will be available at the show, providing you have the appropriate licenses you will be able to purchase or sell reptiles on the day. We have put in place our hygiene protocol, this is to be observed to protect entrants and sellers but that's a small inconvenience to contend with.

EXHIBITS
Entries will be open to all type of reptiles including elapids this year we will ask for one entry per species; for example if you have 3 bluetongues, this will be classified as a single entry and house in one enclosure, the judges will judge the best one of the 3.

To be eligible you must be 17 years old or under on March 29th. You must be the licence holder of the animals being displayed and you must bring your licence books to prove it. You will also need to prove your age.

Please note that you will have to collect the enclosure at the expo. If you don't display the animal you don't get the enclosure.

SHOW DISPLAY FEES
FREE - First in first serve.

GUIDED TOURS OF EXHIBITS
We will be conducting guided tours of the Exhibits on and 1/2 hour basis from 10.30am onwards.

LIVE SHOWS
12.00pm - Live Show on main Exhibit Area to be carried out by Anthony Stimson Australian Wildlife Displays

TRADE SPACE
12 square metre displays: $200
36 square metre displays $500
Tables for rent will be available @ $15 each (limited numbers)

For more information contact Pablo Bolomey on 0409 622 949 or Peter Johnson on 0413 335 700

Attachments

• show-web-banner.gif
    show-web-banner.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 218
Should be a great Show Pablo!!

Are you looking for volunteers to help set up etc?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know of anyone selling turtles at the expo and what prices i should be expecting to pay???

from memory there was turtles there last year ranging from 50bucks , but it depends on whats available this season.

are you's expecting it to be bigger this year pablo?

Lat year we had lots of turtles from ARthur Weeding and I think from memory they were around $80 each for long necks and macquaries. He may also have Macleays this year as well (they max out at 6 inches)

do we have to be a member of a reptile society to purchase a reptile at the macherps expo

You MUST be a member of a recognised herp society. This is a condition on your licence not a condition of ours. You can join Mac Herps on the day. National Parks WILL be there.

Yay! I'll be there again :)

How much would it cost to enter 2 geckos?

Everyone PLEASE GO !! I went last year expecting a nice little club show BUt it was brilliant. Stacks of exhibits and bargains!!
Loved it!

Its free to enter animals and you go into the draw to win snake ranch vouchers. And we only get about 30 people entering so your chances of winning a voucher are quite good. But you must supply your own enclosures.

You MUST be a member of a recognised herp society. This is a condition on your licence not a condition of ours. You can join Mac Herps on the day. National Parks WILL be there.

Does aps count as a herp society? If you pay for a subscriber, its kinda like paying society fees :p

I don't know - that is up to NPWS. As I said, this is not our rule it is theirs. If they approve of APS then you are fine. Although you would need some sort of proof such as a membership card like those provided by Mac Herps.

There were probably some transactions last year between non herp club members. We can't patrol that. But if NPWS just happen to be there when you buy an animal you may be in trouble Iwell, actually more the seller)

There is still openings for the Show exhibit:
Every show application will get a raffle entry to the following prize vouchers by Snake Ranch:
1st Price $500
2nd Price $300
3rd Price $200

If you have downloaded a show application form, please send it in to us, this will confirm your place on the exhibits.

NOTE: You MUST be a member of a recognised herp society. This is a condition on your licence not a condition of ours. You can join Mac Herps on the day. National Parks WILL be there.

i have to be a herp society member to buy?

in the event i do wish to purchase... how much is a membership to mac? :D

Yes you do need to be a member of a herp society. This is not our rule but the Department's. Membership costs $15 and can be completed at the show on the day.

And no, being a member of APS does not comply with the Department's requirements.

Only 1 or 2 spots left for sellers so get in quick if you are thinking about it.

We still need a few animals to enter the show. As Pablo has mentioned it is free to enter and we have the best prizes with every entry having the same chance to win because every entry gets a ticket into the draw.

Every show application will get a raffle entry to the following prize vouchers by Snake Ranch:
1st Price $500
2nd Price $300
3rd Price $200
While we will still accept most animals we are particularly after more turtles, frogs, geckos and monitors. If you have any of these we would love to see them. The more we get the better the show.

Anyone who is interested needs to download an application form from www.macherps.com or come to our club meeting this Friday night and fill out a form there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back