Jungles- non- striped produce- striped

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent

Reaction score
These Jungles breeders /pair are non- striped and produce stripes.
Just to show Jungles are all different and these are not a great high Yellow or Gold but I think they produce some nice offspring.

Attachments

• P1220040.jpg
    P1220040.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 133
  • P1020061.JPG
    P1020061.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 124
  • P8290199.jpg
    P8290199.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 305
Nice jungles brent. Gotta love reccesive genetics aye. Mate of mine breeds some athertons, like those the parents are pretty standard looking animals, he often get 3 or 4 fully striped babies.

wow very nice mate and interesting how the parents arent striped and yet they produced striped...thts awesome

gorgeous brent! Is that from your latest clutch? or one of the yearlings??

I think Jungle freak is writing a paper on carpet genitics.

Maybe he could explain in detail.

Great looking snakes.

i've seen it happen with bredli's as well. i've purchaced a semistriped yearling and its nonstriped father.unfortunatly the nonstriped mother passed away with a retained egg.with each clutch this pair produced,about a quarter of the bubs were striped.its interesting stuff where some of these previously thought co- dominant genes could well be recessive.
cheers
simon

nice snakes btw what line? i have a male that looks very similar to the striped one.

Definitely a cracker jungle mate. Top work on producing that beauty.

Great striped jungle Brent.
Heres one I bred myself last season.

Attachments

• DSC00599..jpg
    DSC00599..jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 120
Colin everytime you put a pic up I want to buy a jungle. Wife wont let though. Yet. hehe

I personally think Morelia striping has something to do with incubation ( possible high temps), it is poppping up everywhere from anywhere.

I personally think Morelia striping has something to do with incubation ( possible high temps), it is poppping up everywhere from anywhere.

yes I've heard of that myself Jason and in some cases in may well be the reason... but personally I think striping is genetic. If it was an incubation flaw then I would expect the whole clutch or most of the clutch to have striping? And when you have multiple clutches cooking in an incubator I would also assume that if its caused by incubation temps.. that there would be striped hatchies in most clutches which in my experience has not been the case.

Hi JasonL,

While some morelia striping may have been cause by incubation but not all stripes are cause by temps, here's two adult sibling female that came from a clutch of 16 normal temp incubation, all stripes babies with some to a degree of abstract striping from pair of stripes parents.

Brent, yeah it does happen everynow and then, very nice stripey you have there, Good luck!

Joel

Attachments

• Tiger march.jpg
    Tiger march.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 70
  • Labrynth strpey aug 07.jpg
    Labrynth strpey aug 07.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 69
stripes produced from my -non striped- breeders

Guys thanks; my jungles/breeders are from R Lester now about 4yrs old. I incubate at 30.5c good incubator within 0.2c ,used a few seasons no problems.
Colin nice striped you got there .
ill do more pics to show another stripped from same clutch now about 15months old.
Amy the stripped is from last season.
I would like to see other striped jungles produced from non-striped-breeders guys.
I will breed these striped with their Parents in a couple of years to see what I can produce .

thanks Brent. She was bred last year from a male with a stripe and female banded. But out of the whole clutch only two were striped. I"ll be breeding her next year with one of Roger's striped males I have.

that there would be striped hatchies in most clutches which in my experience has not been the case.

Very nice stripes Colin, how many years of breeding experience have you done so far to come up with this conclusion? do you take note of your everyyear breeding?

Leigh

Very nice stripes Colin, how many years of breeding experience have you done so far to come up with this conclusion? do you take note of your everyyear breeding?

Leigh

taking into proper context the whole quote your refering to was
If it was an incubation flaw then I would expect the whole clutch or most of the clutch to have striping? And when you have multiple clutches cooking in an incubator I would also assume that if its caused by incubation temps.. that there would be striped hatchies in most clutches which in my experience has not been the case.

and it refers to the fact that if striping was casued by incubation temperatures then I would assume that there would be more striped jungles in that one clutch the striped one came from and also striped jungles in other clutches in the same incubator which there wasnt.. What Im saying here is in my case its NOT incubator related at all.

I've been into reptiles for approx 20 years and been breeding for a few too :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back