what nature has your stimson got?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rett82

Reaction score
i am getting another snake, yaaaaay . Has anyone got any pics of hatchies and or adults of there stimson python. I heard thy are as quite as a lamb is this correct.

I'm too lazy to put pics up right now, pics are in one of my threads somewhere.

I have two, one wants to kill me, the other you can't get to bite you if you try.

yes they are in general quiet but you do get the exception to the rule, I have a couple that enjoy the taste of blood but the majority are quiet

I've had a few and they've always been placid. I've also moved a few wild ones off the road and they've always been quiet also.

Almost all my stims are the same, hungry in their enclosure, teddy bears once out. I have one stim that is super quiet, and won't take food from tongs and you cant get it to bite ever.

Adult Female Stimson: She's so placid regardless of the situation, she doesn't even strike at her food.
Adult Male Stimson: He's somewhat cage protective, isn't afraid to bite you
Hatchling Simsons: They're generally placid, only been bitten twice so far.

All mine are well mannered once out of cage , even in the cage they are nothing to worry about , just a little jumpy .

Mine is just short of a year and a half old, quite active in the enclosure, was a bit snappy for the first few weeks, but had never been handled before, now we can pick him up anytime, and never in the last few months has he snapped at anyone, quite comfortable letting him sniff away at our faces as he crawls around our head and shoulders, an absolute pleasure to handle!

Mine is just over a year old and she has never struck, or even come close. She is pretty lazy and just likes to slither down my top and curl up while I am on the couch!

Thankyou all for you wonderful comments. greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

My hatchy is a little highly strung, but he has calmed down heaps with very short handling sessions. I think once he gets a bit more size of him he will be much more placid.

my girl is just over a year old and has never struck and only gets a little flighty when someone other than me is handling her =) shes lovely

im not sure if mine is male or female. but its placid and friendly and has only ever opened its mouth to me in a feeding response.

HI I have 5, three females and 2 male and they are so quiet in and out of enclosure, some are more active then others but never ever looked at trying to bite and i've had them since hachto's, now they are 4 yr old.
Cheers

My female loves the taste of human flesh but she is ok once i get her out, My male is ok he hasn`t bitten. My hatchies are all calm as exept for one that has her mothers temperament :)

placid and docile.

My girlfriend was scared of snakes - she refused to touch them she was so scared - when we first got him. Now she gets him out when I am not even home and has fed him a few times.

Unfortunately she likes fluffy pets more :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back