The most misleading Add I have ever seen for Green pythons!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
Got this gem of an add of another site!

Hatchlings from several unrelated clutches of Australian Native Green Tree Pythons. These are bred in Australia and guaranteed free of disease and parasites. Asking $5k ea. Maybe consider swap for pythons of similar value.
What do you get ?
1. Pure genes (no scrambled bloodlines as with virtually every other green available) This makes them genetically robust.
2. Animals with great potential for reproduction -
- 100% egg fertility (much lower with mixed lines)
- high hatch weight (13-16 grams as opposed to 10-12 g for mixed bloodlines)
3. no prolapse problems ( I have had not one single prolapse in native babies) This is a problem that affects mixed greens and can lead to death.
4. The most attractive and docile GTP's available. No other greens from PNG match their temperament and colour. This is the smallest variety of GTP's known and they never bite.

Are these facts proven? Or are they made up? I dont know what to believe these days anymore?

LMFAO

Will not scrambled genes (Australian crossed with PNG's) be more genetically robust - due to hybrid vigour / out crossing?

Will not pure or crossed localities be just as virile? 100% fertility would be impossible as there are always some in the population who are 'Jaffas' - never mind due to the fact that the turnips who may be keeping them may not season them appropriately..

Prolapse....hmmmm, Is this more than often due to keeper error and not a locality issue?

Why would a smallest variety of a species have offspring with a higher hatch weight than its more robustly built cousins offspring?

A GTP that never bites? Yeah right and I bet now that he is going to try and tell you that people from Tasmania don't marry their cousins!

Ps. not you chopper...

Certainly not proven facts, just sounds like sales talk. So they are the smallest variety but the biggest hatchlings ? I have never heard of fertility problems in any Greens nor prolapse issues, prolapse can affect ANY snake.

There is some ppl that would say anything for sales purposes.

what a lot of !!!!!!!!!!!*************************

I can not understand why people would make cliams like that -and advertise in that way?
and what if I purchased one?
I could contact my legal adviser for advice .
To justify and have an understanding of those sort of claims we ALL know it would take many years of breeding -research -both here and overseas with well documented scientific papers.
Is this an Australia breeder?

I can not understand why people would make cliams like that -and advertise in that way?
and what if I purchased one?
I could contact my legal adviser for advice .
To justify and have an understanding of those sort of claims we ALL know it would take many years of breeding -research -both here and overseas with well documented scientific papers.
Is this an Australia breeder?
its about marketing your product to generate sales.
id love to see the documented proof that these claims are in fact true, cause the advertised price of $5000 is about double the price that is being asked this season.

If they are true Australian GTP's then they are worth more than the PNG animals.. so 5k wouldn't be a bad price, but judging by what has been written I wouldn't trust that they are true Oz GTP's..

Wow, I want some. They must be good. Think I'll also get some honey jungles too :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ask the seller what proof he can supply with regard to origin.Odds on it will come down to they are pure aussies because I say so and you will need to take my word for it.

Stick to the Herp Trader which has a pretty efficient bull twaddle filter!

3125766a.gif

Will not scrambled genes (Australian crossed with PNG's) be more genetically robust - due to hybrid vigour / out crossing?

there is such a thing as out-breeding depression. though i suspect it would typically be more relevant in wild populations than captive.
a very simple example of this would be crossing a horse with a donkey, or a tiger and lion. these produce infertile offspring. I can vaguely recall a lecture i had on a study of wallabies (i think, ok my memory is less than "vague") their population on an island was in decline, so a breeding project involving crosses with mainland examples was undertaken, but the result turned out to be less fit than either parent. These were thought to be the same species.

otherwise diamandgeeza, i agree :)

there is such a thing as out-breeding depression. though i suspect it would typically be more relevant in wild populations than captive.
a very simple example of this would be crossing a horse with a donkey, or a tiger and lion. these produce infertile offspring. I can vaguely recall a lecture i had on a study of wallabies (i think, ok my memory is less than "vague") their population on an island was in decline, so a breeding project involving crosses with mainland examples was undertaken, but the result turned out to be less fit than either parent. These were thought to be the same species.

otherwise diamandgeeza, i agree :)

You're comparing mammals to snakes...... it doesn't work. You're comparing different species cross breeding..... all GTPs are Morelia viridis. Not trying to offend you, but I don't see the relevance.....

Yep, sounds like a load of crap to me. I won't be buying from them, that's for sure....

You're comparing mammals to snakes...... it doesn't work. You're comparing different species cross breeding..... all GTPs are Morelia viridis. Not trying to offend you, but I don't see the relevance.....

Yep, sounds like a load of crap to me. I won't be buying from them, that's for sure....

actually i was talking about 2xanimals considered to be of the same species (in the study), and i am not comparing anything to snakes, just trying to explain a concept. I have not heard of hybrid vigour being shown to be relevant in captive snakes either, though i admittedly have never looked into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back