What do you need for a stimson??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oenpelli-Girl

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm thinking of getting a Stimsons, can anyone tell me some of the nessitys for them like what size enclouser and heat ect. I all ready live Mt. Isa adn they are found here but if anyone has any info that they can give me on them and what they need will be awesome
AND YES I KNOW! I'VE FAILED ENGLISH MANY TIMES(speling mistakes and grammer)!!!

thx A heap

Depends on how you want to display them. At least a click clack with ventilation, a hide, newspaper, water bowl and heat cord running under one end.

If you want them active during winter you will most likely need heating during winter

Yeah you want to get a temperature gradient happening from one end 30-32 to the other about 24-26. Also the temp inside your house will be lower than outside.

Cost me about $75 for a click clack suitabel for my hatchy stimmo. Heat mat, thermostat are the main costs. The rest ( the container, water bowls and hides) are pretty much free. Container about $7 hides can be old toilet paper tubes and little boxes, water bowl next to nothing.

oh and dont forget food ofcourse, which ranges.

Cost me about $75 for a click clack suitabel for my hatchy stimmo. Heat mat, thermostat are the main costs. The rest ( the container, water bowls and hides) are pretty much free. Container about $7 hides can be old toilet paper tubes and little boxes, water bowl next to nothing.

oh and dont forget food ofcourse, which ranges.

thanks!

so, even though they are found here will i still need heating for them during winter??

Always good to have a stable temp gradient for your snakes, regardless of where you live. Remember, if it gets really hot for them in the wild, they can always go to a cool, shady spot to hide, and in winter if it gets really cold, they can move to a warm spot.

Your home is probably a fairly stable temp and they can't regulate their temp as they need, so a cool end and a warm spot is always a good option for their wellbeing.

If you have a heat mat, do you need a basking light/ceramic lamp as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back