Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is a 7watt heat mat ok for a 18ltr click clack ?

I'm not sure, but the best way to find out would to set it up and take temps to see if it does what it needs.
There are too many variables like what substrate your using, ambient room temps, where it's situated etc

Last edited:
thanks heaps for that idea im going to make a couple now 2 9month bredli on their way

Thanks for sharing the info, it's always good to see how others are doing things.

I had trouble with glues though. Tried silicon, hot melt glue and super glue none of them seemed to stick very well. After much stuffing around with glues I found Liquid nails worked the best so far especially for larger plastic tubs. It will glue fly wire to the lid of a 40L plastic tub with a fair bit strength.

Per

Awsome. This is just want i needed to know.All you people rock.You are all so helpful.

hi you don't need the fly wire just plenty of holes otherwise good job cheers

Iuno. I love the modifications, but we've lost a snake to a non-click-clack tub. She pushed the lid up and hasn't been seen since. I'd be worried about that happening in that tub.

Can i suggest click-clacks for adults? lets say a spotte or stimsons adult? or childrens. ?
The reason is that i want to breed them.
cheers
Jan:D

If it is big enough! a 70lt storage container would probly be the go! pick them up for around 10 bucks at your local cheap shop!

Can i suggest click-clacks for adults? lets say a spotte or stimsons adult? or childrens. ?
The reason is that i want to breed them.
cheers
Jan:D

Basic rule to remember smallest size the enclosure can be is just over half of what the snake measures :D

You are wonderful! You dont know how helpful your article was / is!!!
A thousand thanks.

Hey emily, i pretty much done exactly what you done lolz, thanks for the tutorial!! Very helpful

Just two things...

Good tute but I am wondering whether you used 'wire' fly screen or the plastic mesh fly screen.
I would go with the plastic mainly because I would be worrying about nose rubbing on the wire.
Alternatively, inset a plastic vent (made for cupboards etc) into a purpose made hole (inset it with the face of the vent on the inside of the box because that is the smoothest side).

Also for all the breeders out there with heaps of little boxes for the hatchlings, I glue a plastic cap to one corner about mid way up the side and make sure there is a small hole directly above the cap. Then come to refilling water into the cap, I use a 50ml syringe and a piece of tubing. That way I don't have to open every box just to give them water and when you have 30-40 boxes, that's a lot of time saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back