Stimulus payment info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
veredus there is a reason you dont get money... do you live at home by any chance?? and have heaps of stuff done for you still? im a uni student who i had to move from the country when i was 17 to further my education. Not looking for sympathy because it was my choice, but i had no help from the parents because they couldn't afford it, and i study full time, work casual jobs, pay rent/food/bills like everyone else just to make end's meet... and yeah i recieved a few hundred bucks a fortnight from the government (if i didn't earn over 200 bucks a fortnight working)... but my total income was still well under 20k for the year.... living off 100 bucks a week (after paying rent/bills) aint easy..Life is slowly getting better now tho with a PhD, and a decent scholarship. I'm doing this becase in 5-10 years time i want to be a 'high' wage earner, and this requires sacrafices... and damn... going through that certainly teaches you how to budget!!! :)

ok, enough bitching..... MY stimulus package = Bit of the payment for our boys trip to BALI in august.... it's been way too long since i had a holiday.... i'll save save the australian economy another day...

Actually I live in a flat owned by my parents but I still pay as much rent as they would charge anyone else, I pay for my own food and bills and no I dont have heaps of stuff done for me, I am completely independent, so for the purposes of living my situation is the same as any other student who is renting. The reason I dont get payments from centrelink is they dont seem to be able to distinguish this situation from somebody who IS getting everything handed to them. Not everybody's parents are willing to give them a free ride, so get off your box and stop trying to enter into a p*ssing contest

just because you live at home means nothing
i also live at home because i cant aford to live anywhere near uni or at uni
centrelink says my dad earns 72k so i get nothing even though after bills each week house car loans etc etc etc they are left with basically nothing so ive been selling of my tarantulas to pay uni costs and such and next to go will be my scorpions
centrelink takes into account the ammount of money your parents earn if your a dependent but they do not look into how much they have after bills so its a worthless way to do it.

and maybe government should use money to make more jobs or use it to investigate centrelink and the people on it better and to re do elligability for payments
ive applied for 15 jobs this week and apparently to woolworths i dont have enough experience to stack shelves since im just out of school...more unemployed the higher qualified and more experience you need for even stacking shelves

Slugga, livng at home isn't the issue at all for Centrelink, whether you pay rent yourself or board doesn't even factor into it as far as Austudy goes. Waaaay back when I was 20 I went to TAFE for a while and even though I met the criteria as far as workload, didn't have a job and was paying rent I couldn't get Austudy because my mother earned too much by their standards. Not only was I not living at home, I wasn't even living in the same country as my mother at the time.

Remember that $30K is taxed at a high rate - it aint $30k after tax is taken out. :evil:

just be happy with what you have and stop being greedy - it is actually quite sickening when people are losing their jobs, houses flooding, fires burning, people living on the streets, etc, etc.. and you are complaining because you are not entitled to $900..

just step back and count your blessings!!

btw - i am a social worker and i took the job because i was giving back to the community and doing something positive with my time - i did not choose to earn a crap wage.. for some people it is not about the money.. but to be honest i should earn a lot more than what i do for what i do..

Rio Tinto - they have caused so much destruction around the planet - would never work for them even if they offered me all the tea in china!

ps - i am sorry for my outburst but human greed really grates me..

just be happy with what you have and stop being greedy - it is actually quite sickening when people are losing their jobs, houses flooding, fires burning, people living on the streets, etc, etc.. and you are complaining because you are not entitled to $900..

ditto

and to live in such an amazing country with such vast opportunities.

Be happy to be Australian, we're living the life O'Reily compared to many others, and the people that complain cause they don't get $900 back when they earn over $100k, FFS! It was money that we thought we'd never see again! There are much more important things in life than a few bucks.

btw - i am a social worker and i took the job because i was giving back to the community and doing something positive with my time - i did not choose to earn a crap wage.. for some people it is not about the money.. but to be honest i should earn a lot more than what i do for what i do..

Rio Tinto - they have caused so much destruction around the planet - would never work for them even if they offered me all the tea in china!

ps - i am sorry for my outburst but human greed really grates me..

Im with english. some peopel are disgusting, i go to uni work hard and if im lucky get 6 hours of sleep a night cause of work and uni.
you know where my money form the government is going? to charity cause no matter how hard you have it there is millions who have it way harder and would kill to have life like you do so stop complaining.

zack

delete not getting involved... sorry

Mahahahahahahahha Bahahhahahahah Mahahhahahaha

Couldn't help ya self hey ;)

As for Rio... Well take away Australia's resources and the money they generate for our country and you'd have an ecoonomy like New Zealand .....and you'd have their welfare system!!!! I hear they're getting $1800 each.. :rolleyes:

PS
Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil; ;)
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.

Mining is as Australian as it gets... whose ancestors weren't part of the gold rush????!!!!

touche.

im a uni student and currently get $371 a fortnight.. and am only allowed to earn an extra 200 a fortnight otherwise my 371 is affected..
how am i supposed to live on less than 300 a week?
anywho.. i hate centrelink :D

freeeeee monies!

Ravan, you are probably meant to live on $300 a week, much the same as my husband and I do on less than $500 per week between us. We have NO other income, and we don't qualify for the handout neither. Better to just be grateful we have a government that gives us even that....................there's many that don't, and there's many that take away their citizens basic human rights and sense of security and safety........................ which is preferable??

Of course i know centrelink is means/asset tested on your parents... and veredus, your right and im wrong- i shouldn't judge... my bad... i get carried away when it comes to that topic coz i have good friends at uni that have NO idea how good they are getting it being at home still, and sook coz they are only have everything they earn in their casula jobs to spend on cothes and other stuff- i'll put it down to jealousy coz i never had the option..... meh...

Centrelink/austudy is a flawed system thats for sure, i was in the same boat as you and didn't recieve payments for the first 18 months of uni coz my parents farms 'assets' were too high... so i know EXACTLY what position you are in! i have been there.... dunno what my parents were supposed to do... maybe sell the header/tractor/airseeder and plant/cut the crops by hand?? what a joke! i finally recieved payments after 18 months of studying/working casually- coz i earnt over 18K in the first 18 months so i could be classed as independent... it's prolly what you/any student who is in that situation should do if you/they can.. makes life a bit easier then..

believe me.. if you can get thru the first 18 months, it gets a bit easier...

and dipcdame.... totally agree with ya... a lot of ppl dont know how damn lucky we are here in Australia... if you get the opportunity to travel to some of the poorer countries you will know what im on about... I wouldn't swap living here for anything!

Oh, and with this stumulus thing...if you are moving address who do you let know? ATO or centrelink office? my c/link payments are stopping next week so i dunno where it is coming from... ;)

thanks

josh

Couldn't help ya self hey ;)

As for Rio... Well take away Australia's resources and the money they generate for our country and you'd have an ecoonomy like New Zealand .....and you'd have their welfare system!!!! I hear they're getting $1800 each.. :rolleyes:

PS
Australians all let us rejoice,
For we are young and free;
We’ve golden soil and wealth for toil; ;)
Our home is girt by sea;
Our land abounds in nature’s gifts
Of beauty rich and rare;
In history’s page, let every stage
Advance Australia Fair.

Mining is as Australian as it gets... whose ancestors weren't part of the gold rush????!!!!

and with that sort of response i now understand you even more.. such an educated individual.. take care.
:rolleyes:

and with that sort of response i now understand you even more.. such an educated individual.. take care.
:rolleyes:

Heheheh Never said I was educated I'm an over paid blue collar worker or what is reffered to as a CUB (cashed up bogan) ;)
Still I'm awesome at what I do and happy with my life choices :)

Anyone know if the package is based on combined incomes or individuals? My Mrs only makes 65k does that entitle her to anything?

this thread is hillarious..........one of the funniest I have read in ages ...it makes me wanna scream JERRY JERRY JERRY:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Heheheh Never said I was educated I'm an over paid blue collar worker or what is reffered to as a CUB (cashed up bogan) ;)
Still I'm awesome at what I do and happy with my life choices :)

Anyone know if the package is based on combined incomes or individuals? My Mrs only makes 65k does that entitle her to anything?

I think it is based on individual income.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back