Here's some excellent rodent waterers (in country).

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you ever have a problem with them dripping until the cage is full? I have a hose set of nipple waterers but haven't used them and I have seen them at work, get a fault and drip endlessly. Luckily they were on wire bottom cages but if not?

Hey Maree, mine hang out the back of the cages and there's a small slot for the rodents to stick their nose through and drink. So any drips don't enter the cages.
My cages are gal steel right now but when I had plastic tubs I had the same system except there was a half inch hole with a half inch stainless washer fixed around it to prevent chewing. The drinkers are fixed into a steel frame that the tubs slide into. The only pain there is the location of the nipple needs to be spot on. The water is supplied from a small sump with a float switch connected to the mains.
Not your every day set up but I like mucking with stuff like that and it's trouble free once set up.

Did you make the steel cages yourself? Want to post some pics? If we have to go back to breeding our own, I would like to set up something less work intensive and use these sippers.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back