New from the West

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stimsoni09

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi i just joined up to learn more about Stimson's Python (Antaresia stimsoni) and converting a fish taking in to a vivarium
its gonna be a few months before i even look like being ready to buy the snake
i still have heaps of research to do not to mention some saving up lol

the fish take is 1200 x 350x 450 high
quick question is 350mm wide enough?:?
and what is better a heat mat or a heat tape?
and do these guys need UV lighting?
thanx
i know i'm gonna love it here already had a look around

yeah 350mm is wide enough as stimmies arent big snakes as far as heating goes i use a ceramic heat emitter inside a wire cage but a heat mat under the substrate should be fine,dont forget to use a thermostat
no they dont need uv,but i take mine outside for a while a couple of times a week
good luck when you get your snake

thermostat are a given it was the first thing i priced lol
i have decided to use a 43 x 28cm 20 watt heat mat and a 40 watt inferred heat lamp on 300 watt thermostat
and i work with a carpenter who is willing to make the lid/ door for me cheaply from jarrah off cuts

cause of getting more hours at work i should be able to get my snake sooner then i thought lol still gotta find the snake i'm after a captive bred stimson of a lighter colour about 12 months old is what i really want

There are plenty around to choose from. Good luck trying to settle on just one!

Click clack ,.25 watt ( depending were you live )heat cord ,thermostat this will be perfect for a stimmie until 2 years old
$140 all up ,a stimmie can live in a 95 l willow click clack as an adult enclouser 600x600x600 is plenty of room for an adult stimmie dont waste your money on heat lamps there are better ways on heating remember a snake can sence heat .01111 of a degree so have a cool end and a hot end thats all you need he will find were he need to be to digest prey cheers

i found the 2 snakes i want but knowing my luck they will be sold before i get my license i filled in the application today im faxing it next Friday and ordering the heat mat and thermostat on Friday i already got a container here just needs some holes and some dowels and i found some1 willing to take me to Perth to pick the snakes up when i get them (i live 4 hours south of Perth and i don't drive)
the 2 snakes i have fallen in love with are both female one is
500mm 51gm the other is 350mm 30gm and they are both wild caught but im guessing at that size they shouldn't be able to hurt me when they bite
eeek i hope everything goes fine with my applicatation
does any1 know how long it takes for DEC to send out the licence?

should only be a coup;e of weeks
small snakes of that size dont hurt when they bite its just like a little pin prick,but its the surprise of the bite thats worse because they are so quick
all the best

lol theyre wild caught on a permit? They shouldnt hurt that much lol you will just get a fright, can you not do ur rep license online in WA? i had my license with in 20 mins

lol theyre wild caught on a permit? They shouldnt hurt that much lol you will just get a fright, can you not do ur rep license online in WA? i had my license with in 20 mins

All states are different. In NSW i faxed my paperwork in and it still took 4 weeks.:rolleyes:

Just a thing to keep in mind esp if your living in Bridgetown. I recently moved to Hopetoun from Perth and found it hard to keep the average temp up in my converted 4' aquarium for my Stimmi, which wasn't a prob in Perth. She stopped eating coz of it, she must think it's winter already. I believe Bridgetown gets pretty cold too, am I right??

My advice would be to get a good idea of what temps you can maintain with the set up before you have get your stimmi, so you can upgrade if needed. To be honest you sound like that under control already.. (c:

Good luck they are a wonderful pet for sure.

PS Adrian at DEC is good, I can't remember exactly how long mine took to arrive but it wasn't too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back