Pet Shop should be shut down

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
they have put a sign up saying NO CAMERAS, i think the only way to draw attention to the situation is a protest
Everyones phone has a camera, just be discreet about it.
Can someone PM me which shop it is, i'm fairly sure i havent been to it.
I'll make a complaint. (but will not do nude protesting);)

they have put a sign up saying NO CAMERAS, i think the only way to draw attention to the situation is a protes

they cant stop you. just dont take photos of persons without there permision and when an employe/ the boss asks you to leave the store do so and they have nothing on you. the pictures are your property.

they have put a sign up saying NO CAMERAS, i think the only way to draw attention to the situation is a protest

Then they need to talk to the owner while there are other people in the shop. Start a confrontation - no yelling or name calling - constructive criticism and let his other customers hear you. And what better moment to start to have to tell him there is something dead or in need of attention.

"There are dead fish in your tank"
"You have some birds there that need water or food"
"There's a poop in your snake's enclosure"

Something to start the conversation rolling so then you can pick at him for the lot.

This store has been investigated by RSPCA, they got done for the birds and the mammals in there years ago...but nothing with the reptiles and fish.....not cute and cuddly.

ACA and others have been contacted, but they are not interested.....this arguement has been going now for at least the last 7 years.....he gets a slap on the wrist, complies with the orders, then a few weeks later things are back to the old days....nothing changes.

I dont think you will get far, this has been reported the DPI and DSE as well....still they trade.....

Well, then its up to the customers to stop the trading. How many ppl, not on this forum have complained about the condition of shop? Stop selling animals to him and stop purchasing from them.

He must be doing something right to have been able to keep his doors open for 7 years. My pet store only lasted 4 years :( Mine was closed due to downturn in economic market and the fact that Big W and Crazy Clarks had more buying power than I did from the same suppliers to get their stuff cheaper than I was paying for it. He obviously isn't going broke.

Last edited:
like most pet stores it doesnt matter how many people stop coming in that have been there before, people have seen it for a long time now and his doors are still open.....word of mouth hasnt shut his doors, RSPCA wont help...its not on the agenda or a big enough issue...same as ACA and other such programs.

Yep, been there. Dead animals everywhere.

Called the rspca, called the council, nothing. The best that seems to happen is the rspca go and inspect it and then they clean up the joint, stays like that a few weeks and they are back to normal.

I got into an arguement with the staff about a beardie with mbd and a dead blue tongue baby, My friend and i tried to take photographs, but got caught out by staff members, That place is so incredibly over stocked with animals.

Oh by the way that previous post was one that the guy i went to the store with wrote.

I tried to post aswell, but i got an infraction because i mentioned the shops name.

I have lost all hopes for anything being done about the store, it's been open for well over like ten years, and nothing ever changes.

Last edited:
There is an association, which he is a prominent member of!

Yep, it's bull, they do 'routine inspections' on a 'regular' basis.

It's like an association where any petstore under the associations list is suppose to meet some kind of standard, basically they take the petstores money and in return they keep them listed.

On rare occasions they will ban members who have had complaints about them for say a few months or a year but they always relist them in the end because that's where they get more moola.

they cant stop you. just dont take photos of persons without there permision and when an employe/ the boss asks you to leave the store do so and they have nothing on you. the pictures are your property.

It's not quite as easy as it sounds, these are people who abuse animals on a regular basis, i would'nt want to be on their bad side without some kind of anonymity.

I tried to take pictures and then got followed around so that i could'nt take any more. They have cameras all over the place, the minute you take out a camera someone is there to stop you.

they have been trading for 20+ yrs, the owner will never change, IMO the only way to get something done is by embarrassing/pressuring the authorities, RSPCA, DSE, DPI, ect. if one of the TV networks could pick up the story then these authorities would probably respond by the time the story went to air because they would have to answer the why aren't you doing anything about it question.

I have plenty of fix it ideas, but i think all of them are breaching some sort of fancy law so i cant incourage anyone...Hehe

could someone please pm me the name of the shop or address, so i can check it out and cause a ruckus:lol::(.

i got banned aswell because i snatched the young kids keys and told him to clean his act up or i'm taking everything. he actually asked me what the problem was!:?

Vigilante justice won`t do anything except for make all of you look like fools. Do things the right way and make complaints to RSPCA, Animal welfare league and PIAA, no other organisation gives a crap.

hmmmm theres a guy who has recently started waving at cars with signs and whatnot out the front of our estate to take care of it or some crap, getting votes by waving.. so maybe next time hes doing that ill go ask him some stuff and how he can get some votes if he goes to these kinds of places and does something about it... but the catch is he has to do something about it before he gets the votes lol...

ok i know waaaaaaay off... but any kind of hope would seem to make life a little better...

alls i can say is if i see something wrong i will attack with words and whatever i can pick up at the time.. LOL

ok im kinda talking gibberish right now

nvm

Nat ;) x

People have been calling on PIAA and the RSPCA about this place for years.

It doesn't do anything, like i said before, they do an inspection, they request a clean up and after a few weeks it's back to it's normal state.

Doesn't seem like there is much that can penetrate this place unless it's illegal in one way or another, i know someone who worked there a long long time ago and she quit because standards were dropping, apparently the owner has ways of getting away with certain things.

People have been calling on PIAA and the RSPCA about this place for years.

It doesn't do anything, like i said before, they do an inspection, they request a clean up and after a few weeks it's back to it's normal state.

Doesn't seem like there is much that can penetrate this place unless it's illegal in one way or another, i know someone who worked there a long long time ago and she quit because standards were dropping, apparently the owner has ways of getting away with certain things.
As the old saying goes, "This may be the final straw that breaks the camels back" All you can do is keep reporting to these particular associations and eventually something will give. These kinds of allegations are taken very seriously and are investigated to the full extent that they can be, Unfortunatly there is alot of red tape in these kinds of matters. I would also suggest to alert the local council.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back